New liquor policy

Vehorn

sixgun, my impression its just on one ship, thats why you havent seen it.

Same in November on Imagination. Liquor bought on board delivered. Checked liquor from port had to be picked up the AM of departure.

I'll bet this is a result of lost/stolen liquor when the boxes are delivered the last night. Maybe they figure it will be a labor saving as well as a security improvement.

Nope. Otherwise they wouldn't have delivered any. Unless they have a problem with staff stealing it.

I guess you'll be forced to declare it in customs now if you're forced to carry it now instead of packing it in luggage. No problem of course if you're under your allowance.

The duty on excess is so minimal there's no reason not to declare it.

So what happens to those sailing on a B2B:confused:

Am I reading this correct.........If I purchase booze onboard my Miracle sailing in April I have to pick it up the morning we disembark?

And stash it in your cabin for the next cruise?

Precisely!!

Honestly? It's too inconvenient to pick up your own booze on the way out?

Well' date=' I suppose that would ruin some peoples entire cruise......:cool:[/quote']

Yes it would. Do you not understand the logistics of this?

I guess the TSA agents are going to have a big party with all the bottles the'll confiscate the airport

My thoughts as well. We always get a special bottle for home in St Martin. We will be using luggage express so will have no way to check it for our flight if we have to pick it up in the morning:confused:

We usually buy on the ship the last night of the cruise. Twice we were told to pick it up in the morning and once they let us take it back to the room. These were all Carnival cruises.

As far as picking it up the morning of desembarking, it was no hassle at all. We went to breakfast, picked up the purchase, went back to the room to get our carry-ons and just waited til our number was called to get off the ship.

Maybe it's been at each individual ship's discretion as to how they wanted to handle it.

G`ma an mcwilber want us all to quit drinkin, stand tall and see the world the way that they see it.

I agree; the new logistics is going to be a world class pain. I like to bring home rum from new ports and with recent shoulder surgery, I won`t be able to handle my carry on and a box of rum.

[quote name='TNCruzer']G`ma an mcwilber want us all to quit drinkin, stand tall and see the world the way that they see it.

I agree; the new logistics is going to be a world class pain. I like to bring home rum from new ports and with recent shoulder surgery, I won`t be able to handle my carry on and a box of rum.[/quote]

Quit drinkin? I brought about a dozen tequilas back on my last trip.

[quote name='mcwebber']There is no TSA when you get off the ship. Only ICE.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The post you quoted is talking about ppl who have to fly out at the airport - not right off the ship. It clearly says TSA agents at the airport;) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Willbcruisin']My thoughts as well. We always get a special bottle for home in St Martin. We will be using luggage express so will have no way to check it for our flight if we have to pick it up in the morning:confused:[/quote]

Go to Guest Services find out how they deal with it on that ship and make arrangements for an earlier pick up.

[quote name='KatyAnn']I think the reason is to help sales on the last night of the cruise. As it is now, one can buy liquor in port and then have it returned the night before disembarkation. This would keep one from needing to buy drinks the last night.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too. I would never by liquor at port to pack in my luggage. I can buy it at home. I haven't, but could see buying it to drink on the last night. That could be a substantial savings.

This would affect Canadian customers who are big purchasers of duty free. Just buying at any US store is cheaper than in Canada. Because of the liquid rule and the fact that I have to change planes coming from the US, buying duty free at the airport does me no good. They were supposed to be finding a way around this, but we've heard of people having to buy another suitcase once they get to Toronto so they can check their booze. To avoid hassle we just bought it at a US store and put right in checked luggage.

[quote name='familycruzinnewbie']This would affect Canadian customers who are big purchasers of duty free. Just buying at any US store is cheaper than in Canada. Because of the liquid rule and the fact that I have to change planes coming from the US, buying duty free at the airport does me no good. They were supposed to be finding a way around this, but we've heard of people having to buy another suitcase once they get to Toronto so they can check their booze. To avoid hassle we just bought it at a US store and put right in checked luggage.[/quote]

I could see the folks from Total Wine offering a shuttle from the port in Tampa. That would be interesting. Just search Google for total wine Tampa and you can check their prices. It's why I only buy things duty free or in port that aren't sold here.

Archived