New liquor policy

Vehorn

[quote name='h0mbr3']Same deal on the Inspiration a couple of weeks ago. Kind of a pain, but they opened at 6:30 am the morning we were getting back in Tampa and there was only 1 or 2 other people there picking up liquor. Took only about 5 minutes.....but I still like having it delivered to my room! :)[/quote]

Interesting! Just got off the Inspiration. All liquor purchased on board was delivered to cabin night before.

Now, maybe this is for liquor purchased off ship or confiscated at embarkation. There was a separate announcement for the pick up on debark morning.

[quote name='sixgun8']I find this hard to believe and practically impossible to coordinate on the ships. Just does not seem feasable?[/quote]

Yea, it's true. We just got off the Carnival Freedom, Saturday.. We had to stand in line at 6 in the morning. 4 bottles of booze were given out by 6:10. So I went to the guest relation desk and told them about. It took us about 1/2 hour to get our one bottle.
We are milestone and we weren't able to get off first because of this new rule. We hate it. My husband bought Drambuie. You can't even get it in their shop. I think they are just trying to get everyone to buy their booze. But what if they don't carry it?

[quote name='John&John'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkGreen]
I am under the impression (not sure why) that Duty Free purchases on-board are still delivered the night before debarkation.

I think this only applies to alcohol that one brings back on the ship.

Anyone know?

Also, if by any chance [I]someone[/I] brings an extra bottle of wine at embarkation and it is taken away will it be returned to the cabin the night before or will it also need to be picked up the morning of embarkation?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
On Imagination in November it was just things bought in port or confiscated that needed to be picked up the morning of departure.

Just got off the Victory....

All liquor purchased in port-you had to go pick it up the morning of debarkation

All liquor purchased in ship shop-you could pick it up after we left port on last night or they delivered it to room last night

[quote name='Amosmoses33']Just got off the Victory....

All liquor purchased in port-you had to go pick it up the morning of debarkation

All liquor purchased in ship shop-you could pick it up after we left port on last night or they delivered it to room last night[/quote]

[SIZE=3]Ahhh! Now I get it. This policy is just a way to screw those who make port purchases [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]and boost ship [/SIZE][SIZE=3]sales of alcohol. I didn't get the point of this new policy before.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Should have gotten it.:o[/SIZE]

[quote name='fourwaystreet']Smuggling booze onto the ship I understand, buying booze in port or on the ship to bring home seems like more hassle than it is worth. Is the savings that significant?[/quote]

Very much so usually...I have a friend who drinks Captain Morgan Private Stock, in Florida a 750ml bottle cost around $25-30. Onboard the ship, a 1liter bottle cost me $20.

I had read about this on John's FB page and promptly posted that it is a horrible policy for those of us flying. We cruised on another line last year and thought it was odd that liquor had to be picked up the night before since we were used to Carnival bringing it to our rooms. They had one location for items purchased onboard and another for those purchased in port. I understand the room stewards are very busy and perhaps delivering it is not the best use of their time that last night, but if you're going to make us pick it up, PLEASE make it the night before. Debarkation morning is already crazy and rushed and even if you do self assist and still have your bags it makes for an awful experience.

[quote name='Cruzin 1025']I had read about this on John's FB page and promptly posted that it is a horrible policy for those of us flying. We cruised on another line last year and thought it was odd that liquor had to be picked up the night before since we were used to Carnival bringing it to our rooms. They had one location for items purchased onboard and another for those purchased in port. I understand the room stewards are very busy and perhaps delivering it is not the best use of their time that last night, but if you're going to make us pick it up, PLEASE make it the night before. Debarkation morning is already crazy and rushed and even if you do self assist and still have your bags it makes for an awful experience.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I will pick my bottles up the night before but will not buy if I have to pick it up the morning of debarkation. If I buy it in port I will do my damnedest to sneak it past, not because I want to drink it on the ship but want to be able to pack it for my flight home.

[quote name='AuntieBon']To the Carnival Beards, if it's the expense and the time the stewards have to deliver to our rooms I am not against having to go down the NIGHT before to retrieve my booze it's the morning of debarkation and AFTER I've packed my bags and put them out that I find offensive. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I agree! I would have no problem picking up the liquor myself THE NIGHT BEFORE debarkation so I can pack it before my flight but the morning of debarkation is just ridiculous! I wonder what the real issue is. I think I will check out John Herald's FB page.

I also thought I read that Luggage Express was NOT available on the Victory out of San Juan but, for those who use Luggage Express, this new policy is really bad!

Archived