Grand Cayman beach excursion

bc0508

Looking for some inexpensive ideas for grand cayman we will be there at end of the month.

We are wanting to go to the beach dont care bout snorkeling or swimming with any animals.

Would like to do some shopping and beach. I would do a paid excursion if it the beach and maybe a meal.

You can cab from the port to 7-mile beach for about $5 per person; drop your towel on the sand and enjoy, and there are a few bars where you can buy drinks and snacks. Shopping and dining option are within walking distance of the port. No need for an excursion is that's all you want. :)

That sounds good... How easy is it to get return cab's do they sit around the beachs..

Very easy...There will be cabs in the parking lots of all the major drop off sections of 7 mile. When you are ready to go, one will be ready to take you back.

Or even cheaper yet take the bus. We were just there a few weeks ago. We shopped around the town first (bought Rum as you can't wait till the last minute as it has to be delivered to your ship, if you buy it from a Duty free shop)

Then we took the bus 2.50 each to Hell, sent post cards took pictures (good way to drive through the island)

Then took the bus, 2.50 each to the Public beach on seven mile beach and just put our towels on the beach and hung out

Then the bus back 2.50 each. The bus is very easy to use and the station is near the port.

On the way back just go out by the road and they beep and you just hold up your hand and they stop.

Take bus 1 or 2. The drivers are very nice, speak English and will help you out! Enjoy

Or even cheaper yet take the bus. We were just there a few weeks ago. We shopped around the town first (bought Rum as you can't wait till the last minute as it has to be delivered to your ship, if you buy it from a Duty free shop)

Then we took the bus 2.50 each to Hell, sent post cards took pictures (good way to drive through the island)

Then took the bus, 2.50 each to the Public beach on seven mile beach and just put our towels on the beach and hung out

Then the bus back 2.50 each. The bus is very easy to use and the station is near the port.

On the way back just go out by the road and they beep and you just hold up your hand and they stop.

Take bus 1 or 2. The drivers are very nice, speak English and will help you out! Enjoy

I want to do this - take the bus and visit Hell and then stop off at the beach for a while. Is it hard to find the bus stop from the pier?

I want to do this - take the bus and visit Hell and then stop off at the beach for a while. Is it hard to find the bus stop from the pier?

Not at all, basically you just walk straight a couple of blocks and you will see it. We had directions but I asked the shop keepers and they were all very friendly and told us where to catch the bus. One piece of advice is make sure you have the correct change. We had several 5 dollar bills with us as there were 2 of us. It is very easy to use.

Absolutely, we booked with Theris Dixon for a private tour. It was $80 for the 2 of us and it was 7 hours.

She took us on a tour of the island and it was perfect. Then to Anthony's inlet (or something) walked around took pics.

Then to the west end, we walked around then went to Half moon bay resort, rented snorkel gear $10 and snorkeled there for about 1-2 hours.

Then we went to West Bay. We were able to take the snorkel gear with us and Theris was going to return it on her way home (she lives in West End). We just walked toward the end of the beach (past Infinity Bay and Tob. and plopped our towels on the beach and had snorkeled the most beautiful coral! West Bay snorkeling is beautiful!!! Coral is close to the surface and then just past the ocean floor drops off and it is stunning!!

Theris waited for us at each place, but not right with us, so we could come and go at anytime.

She will let you customize your trip as much as you like. She was great and I would use her again tomorrow!

When we go to Grand Cayman we take a taxi to Calico Jacks its alittle beach bar next to the public beach.We rent chairs for the day ,when we want a drink theres the bar right there ,they have food (we eat the conch fritters) alittle pricey but thats everywhere in GC.

There are clean restrooms ,and always taxis waiting to take people back to the ship

We never really do Carnival excursions but we did Pirates ,monkeys and birds in Roatan .For some reason we didnt book private like we usually do.This was I think my favorite excursion ever .I would highly suggest this you will love it

Archived