Slicer Beach Video

Thanks for posting this Christi. I had gone to his website previously and only saw info for The Mint AI, so it was nice to see something on this one. Jessica

Not a problem. I know there was some buzz about it but not really much info or pics besides the couple of posters here who had been. I don't think we will go this time, but it does look nice.

Looks just like I remember! I am surprised they didn't include the pool area in the video. We really had a good time at Silcer!

When we were there in January they only had two ocean kayaks & I am not sure if they have more now but it was not crowded at all when we were there so we could use them all we wanted.

Juli

Juli-

I want to thank you again. Because of you I have been in constant contact with Cris. He is so nice. He offers more excursion's that what is listed on the website if you just tell him what you might like. We will be using him for our upcoming cruise.

Glad to help! Isn't CC amazing? I get so much information from people that have been there & done that!

I agree. Cris seems like a really nice guy. Everyone we encountered in Progreso was very nice though. We really enjoyed our day there. My DH said he would like to go back for a land trip!

Hope you have a great time on your cruise! Come back & let us know how your day in Progreso was.

Juli

Dear YankeDog

It appears you have asked the same question and no one is answering you so I will.

Are the beaches clean?

Is there seaweed on the beaches?

Etc.

The beach is on the Gulf of Mexico so the water is not blue, but greenish and whenever we have what we call a 'norte' or northerly wind, it stirs up the bottom of the ocean in front of the beaches and then the tides bring in the seaweed, shells and other flotsam that have been ripped off the ocean floor. We don't have squads of beach cleaners that keep the beaches clean like in Cancun, so the stuff either stays there or gets carried back out to sea in the next high tide.

It is pretty well impossible to predict whether or not the beach will be clean or free of seaweed when you arrive here as weather prediction is still a very inaccurate science. I don't think I would waste any more time worrying about it and just go with the flow once you get here. There may be seaweed, there may not be.

What difference does it really make in the grand scheme of things? :)

Archived