Please help me decide.

rucruizin

Ok, I really need all your advice because we have never been to Antigua before and want to do the right thing for us and our trip. Please be honest and candid in your responses I really want to know.

We have a tour booked with Lawrence and have read all the wonderful reviews about him and the tour. I have no doubt or concerns about him or this tour by any means. I'm just not sure it's right for us and want to make the right descision.

I have never taken a city tour before as it just seems extremely boring to me. Meaning I've not taken a ship sponsored tour, we like having tours with locals who are more colorful and can show us more than just the usual places. We are 37 and 40 and like a little more excitement than the drive usual drive around, stop and take a picture and then get back in the bus. On the other hand I would like to see a little bit of Antigua and interact with the people.

I've also read many good things about Pineapple Resort and don't know which I should try.

Have any of you done both?

Try paddles. We were on the Jewel to antigua llast month. Half of our group did Lawrence and our half did paddles.

You take a short bus ride to learn about the island, some snorkeling and then light kayaking.

The best excursion and the paddles staff was the best.

Ok, I really need all your advice because we have never been to Antigua before and want to do the right thing for us and our trip. Please be honest and candid in your responses I really want to know.

We have a tour booked with Lawrence and have read all the wonderful reviews about him and the tour. I have no doubt or concerns about him or this tour by any means. I'm just not sure it's right for us and want to make the right descision.

I have never taken a city tour before as it just seems extremely boring to me. Meaning I've not taken a ship sponsored tour, we like having tours with locals who are more colorful and can show us more than just the usual places. We are 37 and 40 and like a little more excitement than the drive usual drive around, stop and take a picture and then get back in the bus. On the other hand I would like to see a little bit of Antigua and interact with the people.

I've also read many good things about Pineapple Resort and don't know which I should try.

Have any of you done both?

We have not done "Lawrence's" tour but have done the island tour with another guide. While Antigua does have some interesting tourist points, I would recommend going to the Allegro at Pineapple Beach and getting the day pass. We have done it the last two years and will probably do it again this year. We get off the ship and head straight to Goldsmitty's to shop (unique jewelry store). After we are done there we grab a cab to go out to the Allegro and spend about 4 ours and then have the taxi driver come back for us. Great day. I can understand if it is your first time to the island you want to see some things but if you really don't like riding around and just stopping for pictures and then moving again, I would recommend the Allegro beach day. We have done the island tour thing, done just a shopping day there, played golf, been to some of the other beaches, etc. We have been there probably 10 or 12 times and since we have discovered the Allegro over at Pineapple Beach we all agree that is the best thing to do.

Archived