Question to past Alaska Spirit cruisers

happylady

We are trying to organize a meet and greet for our May 24 group. Can any past cruisers give us an idea of the time line between the muster drill and sail away? What would be a good spot for our small group to meet?

Thanks for your help!

safety drill is usually done while the ship is being untied from the dock. I usually plan my meet and greets 30 mins after ship sailing time. So for a 530pm sailing I would plan my meet and greet for 6pm. I always make the location the portside aft deck 10. Its always right above a bar for the drinkers but its on top of the ship for the view of the sail away. In the case of the Carnival Spirit I planned our meet and greet for 6pm, aft deck 10 SUN DECK port side. Personally I think thats a perfect spot to meet people and watch the ship sail out of the port.

I can't quite remember but it seems like muster was maybe at 3:30 and sail away at 4. However, the ship left late so there was quite a bit of time in the end but there should have not been much time at all.

If you are looking for somewhere with drinks a good place to meet might be the fantail bar so you can be outside for the sail away.

Jen in SoCal

We are trying to organize a meet and greet for our May 24 group. Can any past cruisers give us an idea of the time line between the muster drill and sail away? What would be a good spot for our small group to meet?

Thanks for your help!

safety drill is usually done while the ship is being untied from the dock. I usually plan my meet and greets 30 mins after ship sailing time. So for a 530pm sailing I would plan my meet and greet for 6pm. I always make the location the portside aft deck 10. Its always right above a bar for the drinkers but its on top of the ship for the view of the sail away. In the case of the Carnival Spirit I planned our meet and greet for 6pm, aft deck 10 SUN DECK port side. Personally I think thats a perfect spot to meet people and watch the ship sail out of the port.

Does a 6pm meet and greet interfere with the early diners? We have anytime dining so it's not an issue for us.

Side question - is the first night dining dress code super casual?

Thanks for the help!

I can't quite remember but it seems like muster was maybe at 3:30 and sail away at 4. However, the ship left late so there was quite a bit of time in the end but there should have not been much time at all.

If you are looking for somewhere with drinks a good place to meet might be the fantail bar so you can be outside for the sail away.

Jen in SoCal

Looks like the fantail bar will be a good spot. If it's too crowded we can move up to the sun deck like fourseventeen suggested.

Thanks for your input!

Yes, it will interfere. We had anytime but early dining is 6. I would arrange it for right after muster or 30 minutes after muster so you are done before dinner. You don't take your life vests anymore so there is no reason you can't go straight from muster to the meet. At some point we ended up in heavy fog so I would do the meet up early in case the weather turns. If the weather turns on you some nice places inside to meet are the Atrium bar area and the Fountain Cafe or you can sit inside in the buffet seating area and people can go out back to the Fantail to buy drinks. The staff was always present with DODs as well.

Jen in SoCal

Does a 6pm meet and greet interfere with the early diners? We have anytime dining so it's not an issue for us.

Side question - is the first night dining dress code super casual?

Thanks for the help!

Archived