Infinity or Century

bchoi

My family is having a hard time deciding between the Infinity and Century for an Alaskan cruise this year. There are good and bad points for both sides:confused:. Icy Strait vs Skagway, Hubbard vs Tracy Arm, leaving from home or driving to Seattle, smaller ship vs bigger ship. Any advice or opinions would really be helpful.

OP

There is another recent thread on this subject where you can get some answers to your question.

That said, I have cruised on both ships and loved both.

The only thing the Infinity has that makes it slightly more appealing to me is the T pool.

The itinerary would be the decision maker for me.

I've done the 7 day round trip from Vancouver. It was fantstic!!

However DH and I have regretted not doing a cruise-tour.

We plan on doing that in 2012. Yea!!!

Which ever ship you choose - have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the Century 2 years ago and really loved her! And on the Summit 1 year ago and loved her too! You really can't pick a bad ship.

That being said, we are doing the Infinity Alaska this summer because we liked the itinerary and doing a round trip from Seattle was better for us than the 1-way trip we were looking at!

Having been on both ships ( 4 times on Century) you cannot make a bad choice. I happen to love th M-Class ships, but it is a personal preference.

I would first chose the ports that are most compelling, the costs and lastly the ship given they are both lovely.

Choices that need to be made:

Biggest to the smallest

#1. Size of family and ages. M class more room and more stuff for younger people ?

#1B. Outside vs Inside.. Infinity spends little time in the Inside passage and lots more at sea outside of Van. Island. Century spends quite a lot inside.

#2. Wht Pass & Yukon Train vs Worlds longest Zip line and "A cannery" as you mentioned Icy Point Vs Skagway.

#3. Vancouver vs Seattle. Why would you ever want to go to Seattle lol. FYI parking is a breeze just across the street with a walkway over to the terminal. But it a way longer drive home. But it's way easier to board, no immigration except for crossing in the big line at Surrey. lol. & u get to see Victoria again.

extra's: M class has the Tpool which is in side and warm. Century a few hot tubs outside and a outside pool that will likely not be warm. Infinity's main outside pools likely not heated either. Seems to depend on the Capt. of the day.

great trip either ship.

Well, there is going to be six people going so 3 rooms most likely inside or oceanview. I'm the youngest in my 20's the rest are above 40's to 80's.

We do prefer Skagway over icy point just because there is more options for excursions and shopping in Skagway.

We live in Vancouver so it would be the opposite for us. Are there any other options instead of driving down to Seattle and paying $160 to park?

We are attending a cruiseship center seminar for celebrity on sunday so will get more information and probably book soon.

Buses .. And train. . But the train would be my preference. You could get the morning train from depot in VCR and take taxi to pier in Seattle... coming home you would have the same options but a train later around 5.30 or so back in Yvr around midnight. :(

M class more to do for some one in their 20's. :). More chance of same age group being on board too.

Another option is one way vehicle rental but not sure if you could get a van for everyone but some agencies for sure do cars.

Archived