Nassau, how far is Straw Market from the pier?

bunchesofun

agree with other poster.....Not too far from the pier entrance maybe closer to a city block or two though......depending on which Pier you ship docks at could mean a longer walk as well.

My advice would be take your time and pace yourself. Stop and rest if you need to. And yes some of the isles can be really tight.

good luck and enjoy your trip!

Several years ago, I traveled with my elderly mother had who mobility issues as well on RCL. I checked and was able to "borrow" a courtsey wheel chair for the day. She was thrilled that I did. You might want to check if that is an option with your cruiseline.

When we were there in November, they were building a new Straw Market. I know that the Market was not damaged in the fire. Maybe Scuba girl can tell us if the new market is finished, etc.

Nancy

When we were there in November, they were building a new Straw Market. I know that the Market was not damaged in the fire. Maybe Scuba girl can tell us if the new market is finished, etc.

Nancy

The original straw market burned down in September 2001.. it's being rebuilt on its original site. The new building should be open this summer.

The recent Valentines Day fire burned on the east side of town. From the bacardi store down a block.

The Straw market under the tent is stilll standing. No damage.

The original straw market burned down in September 2001.. it's being rebuilt on its original site. The new building should be open this summer.

The recent Valentines Day fire burned on the east side of town. From the bacardi store down a block.

The Straw market under the tent is stilll standing. No damage.

It has been 25 years since we have been to the Bahamas, and wondering if shopping strip of stores and traditional white gloved traffic people still exist (especially since fire.)

What shopping is near pier and on way to zoo?

Scubagirl, can you tell us what stores were affected by the fire? I've never been to the Bahamas, but I will be there on RCI Monarch of the Seas at the end of May with my family. I read about the fire, and I feel so badly.

Another thing is there seems to be some questions about the status of Ardastra Gardens. The website has completely disappeared, the last I checked.

We are always looking for ideas. We have a morning excursion, but we are there until nighttime, so we have plenty of time to use. We are thinking of taking a walking tour, based on a map we found.

Another question I have is a goofy one. I know the temperatures will be nice and toasty, but it is a dry heat, or is it humid?

Scubagirl, can you tell us what stores were affected by the fire? I've never been to the Bahamas, but I will be there on RCI Monarch of the Seas at the end of May with my family. I read about the fire, and I feel so badly.

Another thing is there seems to be some questions about the status of Ardastra Gardens. The website has completely disappeared, the last I checked.

We are always looking for ideas. We have a morning excursion, but we are there until nighttime, so we have plenty of time to use. We are thinking of taking a walking tour, based on a map we found.

Another question I have is a goofy one. I know the temperatures will be nice and toasty, but it is a dry heat, or is it humid?

great questions-same I want to know too regarding zoo and stores post fire

Just and update for you:

I found an email address for Ardastra Gardens. They have indicated that they are open and doing just fine. They decided to completely re-do their website, and it will be up and running soon.

Just and update for you:

I found an email address for Ardastra Gardens. They have indicated that they are open and doing just fine. They decided to completely re-do their website, and it will be up and running soon.

I figured as much. Thanks for taking time to research & post information.

Archived