Voyager / Conquest spring break departure party in Galveston on March 13, 2011!

Texas Teen

Who else is planning to go to Galveston on Sunday, March 13 to watch the Conquest and Voyager depart? :D

Right now we're planning to watch the ships from Pier 21 by the Harbor House. However, if they don't move the glass building they just put up this week by then, then we'll probably have to go to the pier where the Elissa is docked. As long as there isn't any bad weather like fog, the Conquest will depart around 4PM, and Voyager will depart around 5PM.

Pier 21 is where the glass building was just put up, and our backup pier is where the red building is:

2893805900105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Who else will be in Galveston the weekend starting off spring break??? :D

Who else is planning to go to Galveston on Sunday, March 13 to watch the Conquest and Voyager depart? :D

Right now we're planning to watch the ships from Pier 21 by the Harbor House. However, if they don't move the glass building they just put up this week by then, then we'll probably have to go to the pier where the Elissa is docked. As long as there isn't any bad weather like fog, the Conquest will depart around 4PM, and Voyager will depart around 5PM.

Pier 21 is where the glass building was just put up, and our backup pier is where the red building is:

2893805900105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Who else will be in Galveston the weekend starting off spring break??? :D

I will be at the party...waving at you from my balcony on Deck 7 of the Conquest!:)

I think the "building" is just a tent that's probably there for Mardi Gras, so it should be gone after this weekend.

I will be at the party...waving at you from my balcony on Deck 7 of the Conquest!:)

I think the "building" is just a tent that's probably there for Mardi Gras, so it should be gone after this weekend.

I think you're right too...it's not a glass building, just got some clear panels. It should come down after Fat Tuesday this week!

Seems like on Monday the Galveston area was cleaned up from Mardi Gras...looks like good old Galveston once again, save for the bit of Ike damage still being repaired.

They were partying last night down The Strand for Fat Tuesday! They did take down some of the booths that they had up, but it's all gone today...it's Ash Wednesday! Last nightI was looking online at pictures of Carnival in Rio...OMG!!!! :eek:

Glad to see the spot where we're planning to watch the ships depart from is clear. :D Was the glass tent a Mardi Gras booth or something?

It was just a tent that was set up down there...it had those plastic clear panels. Probably someone rented the space down there to have a Mardis Gras party. I knew it would be gone by Fat Tuesday!

Archived