Advice for Simple Day?

CruzinMel

Hi everyone - I desperately need some advice. I am traveling to Cozumel on Epic and we'll be there on May 5. I'm going to be with my DH and my parents, both of whom think they are active and energetic but who actually tire with much walking. They are also absolutely convinced that Cozumel will be dangerous, filled with kidnap-prone drug dealers just looking to make off with some ransomable tourists. (Too much TV, I say. :p)

They want to stay on the ship that day, but I want to find a close restaurant and indulge in some good food and margaritas, and shop a little on the way back. I mean, port days are great, but I feel that you should sample port atmosphere where you can!

Can anyone tell me of a good restaurant that is soooo close to the ship area that old folks could walk it and still feel safe? Or will we have to cab it? As much as I don't like chains, the 'rents might be more comfortable in a chain-type establishment.

Thanks! Melanie

No worries, Cozumel is very safe, especially when compared to other parts of Mexico. I would take them to Pancho's back yard for lunch / margaritas. I believe they have a smaller version at one of the piers, but do take a cab and take them into the one in town, its much nicer. Best part is that Los Cinco Soles the store is owned by the same family. The store is in the same building, restaurant is behind the store. This store is easily the best spot to shop on the island hands down. Best merchandise, nice setting, and a tequila tasting area to keep the guys happy while you look around.

They will feel very safe there, don't worry. If they are comfortable take a stroll south to the main plaza area ( 4 blocks away) and get some ice cream.

Both are on the main waterfront street. Plenty of cabs, other shopping options steps away.

Have a great time- get out of the port if you can.

Rich

The 'rents dont' know this yet, but I just booked us someplace in another port that we have to take a cab to - maybe they'll be used to cabs by the time we hit Cozumel. Besides, ice cream - my dad would be all over that. Thanks!!

Archived