Souvenir Drinks Carnival

shaunajoy

A DOD in a souvenir cup is about $6 & some change + gratuities. A refill is about $5 & some change + gratuities. But make sure you ask for a refill, if you just say "another one please", they will give you another DOD in a souvenir glass & before you know it you'll have a suitcase filled with them, LOL

A DOD in a souvenir cup is about $6 & some change + gratuities. A refill is about $5 & some change + gratuities. But make sure you ask for a refill, if you just say "another one please", they will give you another DOD in a souvenir glass & before you know it you'll have a suitcase filled with them, LOL

More like $7.50 plus gratuity. It will run you right at 8 bucks.

Our favorite souvenir "glasses" are the "Coconut Monkeys". They are a little more expensive ($15.00), but are definitely worth it as you can keep the coconut monkey. It has a white plastic cup inside the carved out coconut that the actual drink comes in. You can get refills for cheaper with these as well.

Here's a picture of our coconut monkeys from our last cruise.

DSCF0337.jpg

I have 2 or 3 pink one's and possibly a orange or yellow one (cant remember since they are packed up in a box), 2 clear one's, 1 coconut one and a funnel glass. I usually buy one or two each cruise and I just paid around 8 bucks w/ tip for the clear one's and the funnel was about 12 w/ tip. I think the coconut was around 15 or so with tip.

And as someone else mentioned the clear one's crack...I haven't been back long and one is already cracked. I wont buy anymore of those. I think I will stick w/ the colored ones.

Ooh we only have clear and yellow. I didn't know there were pink ones too!

There were those goofy funnel cups, too. Don't like those as much.

Yep!

We have about a dozen clear glasses and a couple each of the yellow and pink ones. We use them frequently, as they hold a proper amount of margarita or our version of the Funship Special (I tweaked the recipe a bit).

:D

I have one of those funnel cups that sits on top of my computer desk just because it looks so cool.

I love the DODs! Can't wait until Monday so I can get the party started with a DOD!!!

Those DOD cups multiply like rabbits! I had so many that they were falling out of my cupboard every time I opened the door! I gave some away and the next thing you know, the cupboard's overflowing again!

We use them during our monthly "bahamas' night" parties. We try to recreate the drink of the day recipes but mostly just wind up creating our own mixes!

Our favorite souvenir "glasses" are the "Coconut Monkeys". They are a little more expensive ($15.00), but are definitely worth it as you can keep the coconut monkey. It has a white plastic cup inside the carved out coconut that the actual drink comes in. You can get refills for cheaper with these as well.

Here's a picture of our coconut monkeys from our last cruise.

DSCF0337.jpg

Have loads of clear cups. Just got my first Monkey Head on Sunday. Woo hoo.

Next cruise, I'll get the funnel cup. :D

As you can see our Avator shows us with the funnel cups on the Liberty in 2008. Our Carnival Capers shows the price as $6.95 + grats - Probably gone up since then. I remember the coconuts as being much dearer.

I just bought one on the Dream. It was $12.95 total. I never did see the coconut ones.

If you want a souvineer glass for free just cruise around the tables on the first day and pick one up that somebody paid for and left.(later in the cruise the rookies will wise up) Just spot a table with mt glasses and watch that the bar staff doesn't beat you to it. They simply recycle them. Help yourself, you are not doing anything wrong.

Archived