car rented now what to see and do?

novellaherman

We rented a car for our stop in Cozumel. We have done this once before but all we had time for was to drive around the island with just one stop at coconuts for lunch......this time we want to do more exploring. What are some fun things to see and do?

Where did you rent your car? My grown daughter and I have one rented for when we are in Coz in June but are now thinking about just doing the bar hop instead. Did you have any problems with your earlier car rental and return? My husband keeps hearing about the warnings that have been put out for Mexico and is concerned about the two of us driving around by ourselves. :(

We rented our car at Speciality Car rental, it was a smart car. They are located at the carnival pier. We had no trouble at all renting, driving or returning the car. We bought the extra insurance which I always do. There in one road that goes around the island.....very hard to get lost. It is a little tricky driving through town which is maybe only 2 - 3 miles, the rest is a lightly traveled 2 way road. The rental car company provides you with a map, and there are some wonderful, scenic places to stop and visit. We have been to islands all over the caribbean and mexico and cozumel is the ONLY place I feel safe renting and driving a car.

We rented our car at Speciality Car rental, it was a smart car. They are located at the carnival pier. We had no trouble at all renting, driving or returning the car. We bought the extra insurance which I always do. There in one road that goes around the island.....very hard to get lost. It is a little tricky driving through town which is maybe only 2 - 3 miles, the rest is a lightly traveled 2 way road. The rental car company provides you with a map, and there are some wonderful, scenic places to stop and visit. We have been to islands all over the caribbean and mexico and cozumel is the ONLY place I feel safe renting and driving a car.

Thank you for the info. This is what I really want to do.

Archived