Balcony worth it on a 4 day?

I would so appreciate any quick feedback on this question. We are set to book a 4 day cruise out of New Orleans tomorrow. Our travel agent has a balcony suite available. My hesitation is that it is $600 more and this is just a 4 day cruise. I have been reading and I love the idea of sunrises & sunsets...breakfasts & evening cocktails... but is it worth the price for such a short time? The extra expense won't keep us from enjoying other things during the cruise, so it's not as much about the cost as it is the use we would get of the balcony? This is my 4th Carnival cruise and would be my first balcony experience....

Thanks so much for any opinions and advice!

Lisa

It would be worth it if it were only a 24 hour cruise. You'll spend lots of time out there:) If you have the $$$, go for it.

But....why not go for a 7 day cruise on the Conquest? I assume you're going on the Sensation.

5_9_5.gif

After I posted my first question, I did more investigating and found where some people have said that you aren't out of the view of others when you are on a balcony. This is a category 11 suite on the Sensation. I would love to know if this is true before we book...

Thanks!

Lisa

We have cruised with and without a balcony. Yes, it does cost more but somethings in life are worth it. We like it but we dont always HAVE TO have one.

Like other posters have said, if you can afford it (ie. you can scrape up every dime to pay for it) it's worth it.

BUT... we have also sailed with no window and had a great time too.

PS. Our next cruise (5-29-05) has us booked with an aft wrap around balcony, so take what I say with a LARGE grain of salt. LOL

If you plan on doing any shore excursions, or shopping on your cruise, and it would make it easier financially to have the extra money, then book the oceanview. If you've "been there, done that", and plan to spend much time in your cabin, then the balcony might be worth it.

We love balconies, but if the only way we could comfortably go on a cruise would be oceanview, we'd do it! I would want to have a balcony on a longer cruise, as I might get tired of all the activity on the ship, but four days???? I'd save it for your next week long, or longer, cruise........

• 4 months later...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/64219406/64219406uaXYdt

There is only a limited amount of balconies on the Fantasy class ship.

Personally for 600.00 more I would ue that for my excursions or booking another cruise. 4 days-- 1 st day you will be just getting on= last day you will be off by 10am. one day is a port day. (I personally could not justify spenind 600 bucks for something that will be barely used.

Taking a 4day cruise-- how often do you think you will be using a balcony. 4 day cruise I would be up and about getting the most of my cruising dollar.

Archived