Reserving lounge chair by the sanctuary pool?

bunyababy

Does anyone know if we can reserve lounge chairs by the Sanctuary Pool if we are planning on paying for the 10 days we are on board the Island Princess?

Thanks, Connie

Go to the Santuary 1st thing after boarding and reserve your lounges! There are limited spots to reserve for the entire cruise.

We love the Santuary and plan on reserving first thing when we board our November cruise on Ruby. Enjoy.

Go to the Santuary 1st thing after boarding and reserve your lounges! There are limited spots to reserve for the entire cruise.

We love the Santuary and plan on reserving first thing when we board our November cruise on Ruby. Enjoy.

Yes.....but are there lounge chairs that you can reserve which are by the Sanctuary Pool??

Connie

No. Unfortunately the pool area isn't part of the Sanctury so the chairs can't be reserved.

Wow' date=' I just keep getting more and more confused. So what you are saying is that the Sanctuary Pool is NOT part of the Sanctuary?? Yet so many other posts say that the aft pool on the island princess IS the Sanctuary pool and that it is private for Sanctuary guests only?!

Please, can somebody who knows a definative answer let me know. I did do some research and found a picture of the Sanctuary Pool. I can now see that there are no lounge chairs around the pool. Just up the stairs on the right or left. On the Princess web site the ship deck diagram is deceptive because it shows an area with chairs etc. surrounding the pool. But, I still would like clarification as to whether this pool is strictly for Sanctuary guests or not. Which is it??

[img']http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/bunyababy/4235270916_925eea092b.jpg[/img]

Does anyone know if we can reserve lounge chairs by the Sanctuary Pool if we are planning on paying for the 10 days we are on board the Island Princess?

When you say you are planning on paying for the 10 days, I assume you mean you are going to pay for access to the Sanctuary for your entire voyage. So the answer is yes, your chairs will be reserved for you for the entire cruise. You can also book chairs by the day and the half day, but you have to be there VERY early.

Wow, I just keep getting more and more confused. So what you are saying is that the Sanctuary Pool is NOT part of the Sanctuary?? Yet so many other posts say that the aft pool on the island princess IS the Sanctuary pool and that it is private for Sanctuary guests only?!

Please, can somebody who knows a definative answer let me know. I did do some research and found a picture of the Sanctuary Pool. I can now see that there are no lounge chairs around the pool. Just up the stairs on the right or left. On the Princess web site the ship deck diagram is deceptive because it shows an area with chairs etc. surrounding the pool. But, I still would like clarification as to whether this pool is strictly for Sanctuary guests or not. Which is it??

4235270916_925eea092b.jpg

The chairs in this photograph are definitely Sanctuary chairs. I've never been on the Island, so I am not the one person with the actual answer that you want. But just from looking at this photograph, I can tell you that is the Sanctuary.

I think what is confusing is that on the larger ships, the Sanctuary is at the front of the ship, and the pool there is actually the Lotus Spa pool, which is open to everyone, including the lounge chairs around that pool. It is a very different set upon Coral/Island. :)

Edited by High C's

Wow, I just keep getting more and more confused. So what you are saying is that the Sanctuary Pool is NOT part of the Sanctuary?? Yet so many other posts say that the aft pool on the island princess IS the Sanctuary pool and that it is private for Sanctuary guests only?!

4235270916_925eea092b.jpg

The pool in the picture is "The Sanctuary Pool". It is for the use of Santuary paying guests only. You do have to go down the stairs to get to it. Ther is insufficiant deck space around the pool for any lounges or chairs. I hope this helps.

Because of the unique configuration of the Island and Coral, on these ships only, access to the Aft pool is through the sanctuary, thus it has become the de-facto sanctuary pool. Only these two ships have this, there is no dedicated pool for the sanctuary on any other ships of which I am aware.

That said, I don't believe there are sanctuary loungers in the pool area, I was on the coral prior to them getting the sanctuary and the deck space around the pool was not that big (nor was the pool). You would walk from the sanctuary seating area down a few steps to the pool.

Because of the unique configuration of the Island and Coral, on these ships only, access to the Aft pool is through the sanctuary, thus it has become the de-facto sanctuary pool. Only these two ships have this, there is no dedicated pool for the sanctuary on any other ships of which I am aware.

That said, I don't believe there are sanctuary loungers in the pool area, I was on the coral prior to them getting the sanctuary and the deck space around the pool was not that big (nor was the pool). You would walk from the sanctuary seating area down a few steps to the pool.

Hi Loonbeam...so if by "de facto" you mean it is being used this way but not really "regulation" or formal decision by Princess Cruise line, then I guess that means it is for public use? Are there no official signs stating that the pool is private and for sanctuary guests only?

Also, I noticed that you were also trying, like myself, to get a definitive answer regarding the cost of a 10 day usage in the Sanctuary and if the canal day is extra on the Island Princess? Did you ever get an answer. I know it is $15 pp per day if you book the entire cruise, but I am still not sure if the canal day is included in this?

Thanks for your help.

Connie;):D

OMG!!! This is getting worse. I just read this when I was searching the forum. These people were on the Island Princess in April, 2010: Do you think this is the way they are actually doing this! It just gets more and more confusing. :rolleyes::eek: I truly wish I could find out how it really is by someone who has

1. Recently been on the Island Princess 10 day transit of the Panama

2. Booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise + or - the Canal day

3. Knows the cost of booking the canal day

4. Used the Pool at the Sanctuary and knows if it is private or not.

Here is the quote from what I just saw:

Originally Posted by OneStarTattoo viewpost.gif

What happens with the people that booked for the whole cruise? Do they get kicked out that day or do they have to pay extra to partake?

They treat the canal day separate from the whole cruise booking. You can book the entire cruise without the canal day for $15 per day per person. However, they don't charge you for the canal day in the whole cruise booking. If you also want the canal day, it is $70 per person in addition to the full cruise booking. If you book the whole cruise AND the canal day at the beginning of the cruise, you can choose your loungers for the entire trip. If you don't book the canal day and only book the rest of the cruise, you have to show up early to select your loungers each day just like the daily bookers. We did the entire cruise plus the canal day and enjoyed having reserved loungers for the whole trip. We, too, began the canal dayon the forward decks and did move around quite a bit but still felt it was worth it to be able to go back to the sanctuary and relax in the shade of our cabana and have our lunch delivered right to us so we didn't miss a minute of the transit. We spent probably at least 4-5 hours in the Sanctuary that day. Each person must decide for themselves what they value, but for us it was definitely worth it. Not just for canal day, but for the entire trip.

This too sounds crazy (LOL :p) I mean, why would you even book the sanctuary for the entire cruise if they make you come back every morning at 8:00 am to pick your lounge chairs just like the "daily bookers"

Sorry for a continued perpetuation of an already mystical and unexplainable "service" that the Sanctuary does or does not provide...but...I am in pursuit of the all knowing, all seeing TRUTH!! ROFL! This is nuts.

Connie crazy_insane_woman_going_whacko_in_a_straght_jacket_0515-1007-0603-5224_SMU.jpg

Edited by bunyababy

We booked the Island's Sanctuary on a 3-day repositioning cruise last May; there were people that tried to "crash" the sanctuary pool, and they were asked (nicely) by the attendants to leave. With respect to the $15/day charge, it does not include the day in the canal - according to my friend traveling with us (& had just been through the canal on the Coral) - it was an additional $70 for the Canal day.

It's not listed as a private pool, but the way the structure worked out apparently you simply cannot get there unless going through the sanctuary or via a crew access area. So basically no one else can use it. I think they keep it tagged public so at least they have the option of using it for programs.

As far as the canal, the best I have been able to determine is that on a full transit sans stops, its a separate charge which makes sense given that everyone stays on the ship. On a partial, it appears to be a normal day, which also makes sense given a lot get off, but I do not have that confirmed. This seems to be another one of those areas where it may be left up to ship operations...

Hi Loonbeam...so if by "de facto" you mean it is being used this way but not really "regulation" or formal decision by Princess Cruise line, then I guess that means it is for public use? Are there no official signs stating that the pool is private and for sanctuary guests only?

Also, I noticed that you were also trying, like myself, to get a definitive answer regarding the cost of a 10 day usage in the Sanctuary and if the canal day is extra on the Island Princess? Did you ever get an answer. I know it is $15 pp per day if you book the entire cruise, but I am still not sure if the canal day is included in this?

Thanks for your help.

Connie;):D

It's not listed as a private pool, but the way the structure worked out apparently you simply cannot get there unless going through the sanctuary or via a crew access area. So basically no one else can use it. I think they keep it tagged public so at least they have the option of using it for programs.

As far as the canal, the best I have been able to determine is that on a full transit sans stops, its a separate charge which makes sense given that everyone stays on the ship. On a partial, it appears to be a normal day, which also makes sense given a lot get off, but I do not have that confirmed. This seems to be another one of those areas where it may be left up to ship operations...

Ahh, I see Dear Watson....or should I say Loonbeam!? Tee Hee. Makes Sense!

As for the charges for canal days...I would agree with you that logistically it makes sense to charge on a full transit canal cruise being that you are onboard the entire day, but, on the partial transit quite a few people will be going on excursions. I too would be quite happy to forgo the sanctuary on that day and not be charged, or have it for my use early in the morning while sipping on a coffee and watching us go through the first sets of locks. Either way, I see it as a win win scenario, I would just like to know Ha,Ha.

It sure will be nice if we get a final, accurate answer from someone who has recently been on and IN the sanctuary.

Wait and See! ;)

Nice to see they regulate the pool.

Yes, but is the Coral not a 14 day full transit cruise? Different from what I am trying to get my head around. I am interested in the 10 day partial transit on the Island Princess.

Thanks though, and would you let me know if I am mistaken and they were actually on a 10 day partial transit.

Smiles, Connie

We booked the Island's Sanctuary on a 3-day repositioning cruise last May; there were people that tried to "crash" the sanctuary pool, and they were asked (nicely) by the attendants to leave. With respect to the $15/day charge, it does not include the day in the canal - according to my friend traveling with us (& had just been through the canal on the Coral) - it was an additional $70 for the Canal day.

I haven't been on the Coral/Island since the implementation of the Sanctuary program but I recall being able to access the aft pool from the Baja or Caribe deck via the stairs shown in the lower right hand side of the photos...are these now closed off?

$70 extra for just that one day? :eek:

See my post above. At least now it appears that the rules for full and partial are different (as noted, makes sense). Also, the ships are on different itineraries this season and next so you may get some confusion there depending on when people are crusing. (For example, there is no 10 day full transit next season.

Nice to see they regulate the pool.

Yes, but is the Coral not a 14 day full transit cruise? Different from what I am trying to get my head around. I am interested in the 10 day partial transit on the Island Princess.

Thanks though, and would you let me know if I am mistaken and they were actually on a 10 day partial transit.

Smiles, Connie

As I understand it, that's correct. When they put the Sanctuary in there were other structural changes made (not sure if directly related). Those stairs are now crew access only.

I haven't been on the Coral/Island since the implementation of the Sanctuary program but I recall being able to access the aft pool from the Baja or Caribe deck via the stairs shown in the lower right hand side of the photos...are these now closed off?

Just off the Coral 14 day full transit and booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. I can't say whether the "rules" are different on the Island but lay-out is same. As noted the pool cannot be accessed from anyplace other than sanctuary and is for use by sanctuary only. The picture posted shows size. There is no room at the pool for chairs.

On the Coral there was no extra charge for "Canal Day" nor was anything extra offered.... no champagne, etc. Reservations were the same as for every other day. Noone on the Coral knew anything about these stories about the Island.

Hope this helps.

Yes.....but are there lounge chairs that you can reserve which are by the Sanctuary Pool??

Connie

There is no Sanctuary pool. It just happens to be in the same area.

It's not listed as a private pool because it's not a private pool, and it's easily accessed by way of the Lotus Spa. So where's the problem?

Edited by hansi

See posts below. The pool is not private, and people don't "crash" it. Apart from young children, it's open to anyone.

According to recent cruisers, the lotus spa entrance is not available anymore (or at least there were restrictions).

It's not listed as a private pool because it's not a private pool, and it's easily accessed by way of the Lotus Spa. So where's the problem?