Reserving lounge chair by the sanctuary pool?

bunyababy

At that point why even bother cruising. It's cheaper to stay home. ;)

It's called pay as you go, if you want it, pay for it. If you don't want it then why should you have to pay for it. Simple really.

Well, Physics.. 3000 loungers would never fit around the pool on the Ruby for example.

why don't they just have enough sun loungers/beds etc for all passengers on board that way no one has to fight for them and they would be available to all during the cruise. The loungers/chairs in the Sanctuary are a lot plusher than the others round the pools (I believe), so if people want to pay extra for those then so be it.

• 3 years later...
Just off the Coral 14 day full transit and booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. I can't say whether the "rules" are different on the Island but lay-out is same. As noted the pool cannot be accessed from anyplace other than sanctuary and is for use by sanctuary only. The picture posted shows size. There is no room at the pool for chairs.

On the Coral there was no extra charge for "Canal Day" nor was anything extra offered.... no champagne, etc. Reservations were the same as for every other day. Noone on the Coral knew anything about these stories about the Island.

Hope this helps.

Well, princess has solved everyone's problems, at least on the island princess! New online deck plans show princess has eliminated this sanctuary pool altogether and replaced it with more staterooms. Problem solved from finches mgmt perspective.

Well, princess has solved everyone's problems, at least on the island princess! New online deck plans show princess has eliminated this sanctuary pool altogether and replaced it with more staterooms. Problem solved from finches mgmt perspective.

And it looks like it's now only one level :(. It's going to be tiny. I hope they add some shade. That top deck is wide open to the sun.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Does the sanctuary have loungers in the sun and in the shade? (We're on the Coral in April). DH loves the shade and I'm a sun worshiper. He wants to book the entire cruise in the sanctuary which is fine, but if I can't be in full sun, I may pass on it. Can anyone help?
It depends upon the direction of travel. If you look at the photo in post #5 you will see a cover over some loungers but even the uncovered loungers are in the shade. When sailing southbound the structure of the ship shades even the uncovered loungers and when sailing northbound essentially all loungers are in the sun. We were able to get one of the cabanas and we had to have the curtains closed to get any shade on the eight northbound days from the Canal to LA.