Priceline Fort Lauderdale

vanclan

I am interested in trying Priceline (for the first time) for a 3 night precruise stay in Fort Lauderdale early November. we want to be either in Beach or Downtown area so we can hopefully walk or take city bus to water taxi or other nearby locations. I see LOTS of people who have won 3* and up...has anyone bid on a 2 or 2 1/2 star? What price would you bid and is the difference from a 3* really worth it. I don't need luxury...just a safe clean convenient place to stay. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I haven't won a bid with a 2 1/2 star hotel, but I did win 3* downtown Ft. Lauderdale for $52 at the Marriott, it was a great spot. There are a couple of web sites that can help you with which hotels have been awarded in the past in Ft. Lauderdale on priceline. Try: www.biddingfortravel.com and www.biddingforfun.com hope these help and good luck.

I just read the info on www.biddingfortravel.com. I am new at bidding, (on Priceline) and will welcome all hints etc on bidding for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I really would like to get Embassy Suites or Marriott. Anyone with some information on how to do this? I need the hotel for 2 nights in early Feb.

Grace

I know you mentioned 3*...but if interested...if you punch in Ft. Lauderdale beach area...you can get the Pier 66 Hyatt...which is a 4*. It is really close to the cruise port...you can see the ships in port from the hotel...I got it for $80/night for April...in November you could probably get it for much cheaper...clean is very important to me also...and this hotel is impeccable. I enjoyed the Hyatt so much that I used Priceline to get the Hyatt in Tampa for July. Good luck with your bidding and please post what you ended up with...thanks.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

If you want to try to get the Marriott, bid 3* downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I did and received the Marriott for last March. Great hotel, but be aware, you cannot guarantee which hotel your bid will be accepted at. I find this to be half the fun of using priceline. Good luck.

I just got Embassy Suites on Priceline for $55. This is for August. I bid 3* downtown. It may be a little early to bid for November for the lower rates, but it never hurts to try.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

Thanks everyone for responding. I think I have the process now.

I bid 3* for downtown, and take what they give me, and hope that it will be either Embassy Suites or Marriott. I plan to start with about $75 for a booking in Feb., really high season there. Would that be a good price? The rack rate is $235 or more.

Also, I guess Priceline charges you right away, and money is non refundable? You takes your chances! I am a gambler. icon_cool.gif

Grace

I sailed in March, started at $40, got a re-bid to add another $12 to my bid, I did and got the Marriott for $52. I wouldn't start that high, the highest I would start would be $50. Let us know how you make out.

How does everyone protect the non refundable money when bidding on Priceline? Do you add it in to your trip insurance, ( don't recall seeing a place to add it on CSA) or just eat it if for some unforseen event you have to cancel?

Right now, my thoughts are that you just lose your money. True?

Grace

It is completely non-refundable...so yes...if you don't go...you just eat it!!! So come he!! or high water...I'm going!!!

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Grace -

If you are willing to go that high, I would go for the Hyatt Pier 66. Many people get this hotel for $80. It is a 4* beach area and also very close to the pier. My sister got this rate through Priceline for mid-February this year.

Also, if Priceline comes back with a counter. You don't need to rebid that high. I would only go a couple dollars more than your original offer and add a free zone. You can read about free zones on biddingfortravel.com. Good luck!

Thanks to all for the words of encouragment. I guess it is fear of the unknown that gets to me!

Can't hurt to try, right? I will let you know what happens.

I just love this board!

Grace

Well, my offer was accepted! However, not the Embassy Suites, but the Renaissance. I am satisfied, and my price was really low to start.

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance?

Grace

Wow, if you've got the Renaisssance, you've been upgraded to a 4*. If I may ask, what was your bid? Did you have to rebid? I'm really interested since this will be my first try on Priceline. Thanks.

I thought it was too early to bid on priceline for our Easter 05 trip, but I thought, it can't hurt. Started a week ago for $50 (need 2rooms), 3*; rejected, used free bidding up to $75; rejected. Tried again this morning after 72 hr. lockout at $70 for 3* & priceline also gave me the Renaissance. This is for the Easter holiday weekend. I am so pleased. Flights were also not easily gotten, alot sold out already.

For our Feb. cruise, I bet $79 for a 3 star in downtown FLL, hoping to get the Embassy Suites at the highest price I would allow myself to bid. I got the Renaissance on the first try. Maybe I should have started at $59, but decided to try the top price first and see what happened. This was my first time to ever bid on PL, and it was fun and easy. I guess I am hooked now on PL!

Before bidding, I did talk to one of my sons, and he said he has bid several times on PL, and really got some good deals.

I am satisfied with the Renaissance.

Grace

HELP!!!! I wanted to try Priceline, but it all seemed too overwhelming. I probably didn't read enough, but I ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn on the beach at FLL. It's not what I was hoping for. Has anyone stayed there?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=21>

<param name="hour" value=19>

<param name="minute" value=30>

</applet>

Zuiderdam 8/21/04

Mariner of the Seas 2/29/04

For more info on hotel, go to biddingfortravel.com. Then click Florida - Ft. Lauderdale. The very first line it will have Ft. Lauderdale Hotels. There you will get information on the hotel and reviews.

I wish I had found this board before I did my priceline, I would have went for the 3*'s.

Well, we are cruising October 2, Caribbean Princess. I booked a room through priceline.

I got La Quinta in the airport Airport area for 50.00 a night. (should i be scared!!, there website looks ok.)

Happy priceline bidding, it is fun isn't it?

I've had several people stay at the LaQuinta and all were pleased. Good extended continental breakfast, they do provide shuttle service to the port. Clean, fairly new and convenient to restaurant options. You did just fine icon_smile.gif

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

I just bid last week for a 3* for the FLL Downtown and beach areas hoping to get the Embassy suites and ended with the Holiday Inn Beach for $50/night. At first I was disappointed but after hearing back from several posters,I think I am now quite pleased with the hotel we got. It is acrposs the street from the beach and walking distance to the water taxi, and 1 block from a major mall. Since we have 4 kids, at least 1 day will be at the beach. It is 6 miles from the pier and 6 miles from the airport.

Lisa

Caribbean Princess 08/21/2004

Dawn Princess Repositioning Pacific Coastal Cruise 05/07/2004

Carnival Ecstasy January 2004

Carnival Ecstasy April 2003

Star Princess (Mexican Riviera) Christmas 2002

Royal Caribbean January 2000

NCL Windstar(Alaska) August 1995

I bid a 2 1/2* at $55.00 for two nights April 25, 2005 yesterday and got The Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport, which they say turns out to be a 3*. I'm pleased, only 10 & 3/4 months to go.

Sky Princess - 1997 West Coastal

Sea Princess - 2001 Western Caribbean

Sea Princess - 2002 Alaska

Reposition Cruise - Transcanal

Coral Princess April 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;4;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have been bidding on Priceline since February for late January 2005. I've been bidding $55, $60 and $65 dollars for a 3* downtown .(using my free rebids) I figured I was too early. Last year I did the same thing and got Embassy Suites almost a year in advance. Is my problem that I'm only bidding for the downtown area? I REALLY want Embassy Suites.

crabbs.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;1;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Sun Princess

I think it's a hit and miss thing. I bid on a Saturday a month ago for two rooms for our September cruise. I bid up to $70 and was rejected. The next day, another family decided to join us. I had already put 3 rooms on hold with a discount code I had for $70 at the Comfort Inn. On Wednesday, I got the e-mail from Priceline saying it had been 3 days and I could bid again. So I started at $55 for 3 rooms this time. I was accepted on the first bid. Embassy Suites!!

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00

Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01

Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02

Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03

Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04

Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

Kathi_Whale001.gif

LOVE THE VOYAGER AND GRAND CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

One more thing you can do to guarantee the Embassy. Use hotwire. It will cost you a little more than Priceline but a lot less than booking through the hotel. The Embassy Suites is the 3.5 stars hotel with the red "S" symbol.

Full list of amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Center

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00

Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01

Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02

Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03

Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04

Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

Kathi_Whale001.gif

LOVE THE VOYAGER AND GRAND CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

Archived