What time can we board?

cigloo

JimandStan are correct. I would have your TA call to check, but when we boarded in Miami in November embarkation time for those in suites and concierge class cabins were given an 11 am check-in time while all other cabins were told that their check-in would begin at 1 pm--so there is a difference based on cabin class. Also anticipated times and actual times may vary as happened to us. A surprise Coast Guard inspection delayed things for everyone by about 1 1/2 hours.

Check the final information package you receive from your travel agent. It has the boarding time on there. It's usually 11 a.m. but you cannot get access to your room until later, depending upon your accommodation. So do what we all do: go to the Terrace Cafe, finds a table, eat and talk to fellow passengers until your room is available. ;)

Doubledobles

Check the final information package you receive from your travel agent. It has the boarding time on there. It's usually 11 a.m. but you cannot get access to your room until later, depending upon your accommodation. So do what we all do: go to the Terrace Cafe, finds a table, eat and talk to fellow passengers until your room is available. ;)

Doubledobles

Be Careful, Naomi, not everybody stays in a Suite :D You might be sending Cigloo there 2 hours early.

Some people dont mind sitting and waiting, but others, particularly in a port like Athens, want to be out seeing the sites if there is time.

It is true that the final documents (in the "blue booklets") will list the embarcation time on Page 4, but those in a standard cabin might not be boarding until 1pm.

A great deal depends on how quickly they can turn the ship around after the previous cruise.

We boarded our Norway cruise last July at about 11:30 and as has been said, immediately went to Terrace Cafe to await our rooms being ready.

We shared a table with a couple who were concerned about their friends who'd been just behind them at check-in but never showed up on board.

It turned out that couple had to wait in the terminal because Terrace Cafe was full. They got on when the general announcement was made that concierge level rooms and suites were ready -- and Terrace suddenly emptied.

So you don't have to have a Coast Guard inspection to cause a delay in boarding, no matter what category cabin you have.

I believe that some of the lower-priced cabins do not board officially until 3 PM.

I admit that I have not paid too much attention to the various boarding times, which I always thought were either 11 AM or 3 PM because we always arrive in the embarkation city a couple of days early, and the spouse does not want to give up any last-minute sightseeing opportunities there.

We usually board around 4 PM, when there are absolutely no lines, your cabin is immediately available and your luggage shows up in your cabin in a very short amount of time.:) However, I do believe that the Terrace Cafe luncheon available on embarkation day closes at 4 PM so we actually have to wait until dinner to start eating all the luscious food onboard!:D (I somehow manage to make up for missing this first meal during the course of the cruise.)

On the Maiden Voyage we were in a veranda stateroom B2. Embarkation time was 3:00 pm.

This sailing it was the first time we arrived a bit earlier because like CintiPam reports, we usually prefer to enjoy even the last few hours of the port city.

On a previous cruise cruise in A1 our embarkartion time was 11:00 am. We arrived a little after 3:00 and we were the only pax to be seen in the terminal. With no crowds they can book you in and move you through very quickly and you can go straight to your cabin to get settled.

So as others have posted the offical time is in the final documentation but there are pax who arrive earlier and have lunch in Terrace Cafe with their carry-on bags waiting for their cabins to become avialble and start to get into cruise-mode. Just be prepared to wait if you do arrive early and have to wait in the terminal. So near and yet so far ...

Archived