Distance from West End Shopping to West Bay Beaches

Ocean lover 1

In Roatan, I would like to spend some time at Tabyana Beach. But my daughter and I also like to shop from local vendors. I've read there are some local vendors and gift shops at the beaches. How far is the shopping from West End to West Bay Beaches? We are also docking in Coxen Hole. Are there local vendors near the port?

If you are at West Bay for a beach day, head over to the pier that justs out just to the right of Tabyanna. That is the pier where the water taxi takes passengers to West End. Short ride and I believe only 3.00. Now....I can't tell you the departure and arrival times, but we saw it come and go several times dutring our time on the beach. Just ask at the Infinity Bay Resort which is next door to Taby.

I've read you could walk it in about 25 min. But I think the boat trip over would be more fun.

West End is sort of like an old time Florida town...think Key West years ago. Small restaurants and shops. Google it and you'll be able to find some info.

Thanks for your info! Anyone else has more info.

enadj says it all. Roatan isn't Charlotte Amalie, Phillipsburg, Georgetown GC or even Cozumel's Plaza. If you're docking in Mahogany Bay, there will be the typical port/toruist shops in the port area complex. In Coxen Hole as well. You can also venture into the town of Coxen Hole, maybe a 5 minute walk from the pier, for some more local oriented shops, a few that cater to cruisers, but most cater to locals and longer term vacationers. Do note that some cruisers are not comfortable walking outside the Coxen Hole port gates not because of anything bad happening, just it looks to them to be a bit seedy and initially there will be some hawkers trying to offer you a cab ride.

Archived