Dining Experience

DEEDIA

Have you ever been seated at Main Dining with someone you did not get on with or took an instant dislike to. On one Cruise we had the Pleasure of a Couple, quite POSH, very POSH, their thoughts.

He self employed mid late 50s, her mid 20s.

We all asked the question why they were on a average Cruise when they would have been more suited to a Cunnard Cruise. Him definatly Her well she tried to keep up but they came from different classes. You could see the attraction :D:D.

On my Costa Allegra cruise in 2008 in the Far East, I was placed on a table for 10 (I am a solo), first night I had two gentlemen join me and the rest of the seats stayed vacant. Second night they asked if some friends who they had met at a pre-cruise hotel could join us...I agreed, didn't think anything of it.

For the next 11 nights I was spoken over, through, around by this bunch. It was really horrible...made worse since it was my birthday too. The 12th night I was walking through the bar towards the dining room and one of the bunch stuck his head up and said in a voice loud enough for me to hear...'oh look, here it is again'. The two gents who had originally been on the table were really embarrassed and mouthed 'sorry'...but I went to the maitre d' and requested a table change for the remaining 2 nights.

First night at dinner. Yes my wife and I have been seated with a oldish man and lady ( if you could call her that ) all they talked about was money, how much the cruise was costing. Not used to this cruise line they preferred another line. Food was off, hated every thing about the cruise. Remember this was the first night.They were going to complain when they got home to get refund etc. We changed tables with help from waiters. Infact they had new people at every dinner.

Archived