Kids under 2 ?

GusX

Hello,

I've taken 3 cruises with NCL and I'm considering taking RCI for my next cruise. I just had a child recently and he will be about 9-10 months old for when I plan on taking the cruise. I called both NCL and RCI for their policies and rates for children. I was told by NCL that all I would have to pay for my child would be the port fees and gov taxes. RCI told me that I would have to pay a 3rd person rate as well as the port fees and taxes. Why is it RCI charge a full 3rd person rate for a child under 1? Its not like he'll be eating full meals at that age. Is there any other way around this charge?

Thanks.

Gus

It is all about life boat space! That is what RCI told me. I booked with them because they have babysitting from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. and from what I hear everyone is great. So the extra cost was worth it. Also you will be able to pretty much supply babyfood on board, they will puree veggies etc for you. There are great tips on the family portion of this site.

Its not like he'll be eating full meals at that age.

Will he be producing trash, drinking juice/water, get washed, eat jello/bananas/ice cream, etc.? Food is not the only expense, other services are involved. Doesn't seem fair, but where should the line be drawn?

Archived