Sailing with 17 and 18 year olds can they all go to the same disco?

taymiss2

Ok I realize my trip is a ways away and my planning drives my husband crazy but when you have questions, what are you goin do? lol

As hard as it is for me to believe, my daughter will be 18 when we take our next cruise. We are traveling with a group of Mom's and daughters who have all been friends since kindergarten. Half of the girls will still be 17 the other half will be 18. Will they all be able to go to the teen disco? When I mentioned my question to my daughter her response was " ugh, I don't to go to the adult disco, lol.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Sorry, The ship is going to be the Spirit.

So half of the girls will be able to go one place and the other half the other? That will not be good. :(

I was sad to age out of the teen club. 18-20 is such a difficult age for cruising... but then there's always something to do on a big ship regardless of age, so even if the club isn't possible, there will be plenty of things for the girls to do :)

Not necessarily. It's likely that they'll be able to go to the adult club but may need adult supervision (or may not). Either way their cruise card will note that they cannot drink.

Am I understanding correctly that my 19 yr old and my 22 year old will be able to go to the "adult" club? We will be on the Spirit May 29.

Also, I was looking at some past freestyle dailies and I noticed that some things were noted "adults only". So would my 11 year old be able to go to such things as the white hot party and perhaps the 50's-60's night (seems like I saw something like that)? Are these usually family type events if they are not listed as adults only? I know she would enjoy some time with her older brother and sister....we like to dance and have fun!

Am I understanding correctly that my 19 yr old and my 22 year old will be able to go to the "adult" club? We will be on the Spirit May 29.

Also, I was looking at some past freestyle dailies and I noticed that some things were noted "adults only". So would my 11 year old be able to go to such things as the white hot party and perhaps the 50's-60's night (seems like I saw something like that)? Are these usually family type events if they are not listed as adults only? I know she would enjoy some time with her older brother and sister....we like to dance and have fun!

Yes they will.

Your 11 yo will be welcome at the White Hot Party and at any other dance party not designated for adults in the dailies... what you see other pax and the hired dancers doing there might not be something you want her to see - they are probably not what you'd consider "family friendly" but she will not be turned away.

Sorry, The ship is going to be the Spirit.

So half of the girls will be able to go one place and the other half the other? That will not be good. :(

Most likely, at age 17, they will feel a bit "old" for the teen club anyway (mine did). There is usually somewhere on the ship where the older teens/young adults congregate in the evening, usually in whatever "party" or "dance club" or DJ music is happening.. They should be fine!

Robin

Noone is going to know exactly who's 17 and who's 18 to get into the regular nightclub. No one sits at the door and ID's. So it would be easy for the 17 year olds to dance in the same adult nightclubs.

The issue would be for the 18 year olds to get into the teen club. I think they do know who belongs in the teen club and it does get monitored.

Archived