Dawn suite question

deecruzer

I have a balcony cabin booked for the Dawn in September. With the promotion offering cabin upgrades I see that I could get a mini suite for the same price if I cancel and then rebook. The only ones available are on deck 11 underneath the pool or the Garden Cafe. Has anyone stayed in these? I am concerned about the noise from chairs, bands, etc. We love to enjoy the quiet of the balcony and I don't want to lose this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

We stayed in 11178 back by the spa. It was very quiet.

BTW, shouldn't be called "suite" in any way. Only diff are: 1. A little extra room, 2. A curtain between the sofa and bed and 3. A tub instead of shower.

The reason we chose the mini was there were 3 of us and all the full suites were gone. We really needed the few extra feet of space.

Thanks for the help- I knew it wasn't going to be a huge difference- just a little more room. I just heard from my travel agent and Norwegian has credited me back $160 because of the upgrade special which I am not going to use. The TA had to change my OBC only from $225 to $200 so it was worth asking. I'll take the credit and keep the mid-ship cabin not under the pool deck. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help- I knew it wasn't going to be a huge difference- just a little more room. I just heard from my travel agent and Norwegian has credited me back $160 because of the upgrade special which I am not going to use. The TA had to change my OBC only from $225 to $200 so it was worth asking. I'll take the credit and keep the mid-ship cabin not under the pool deck. Thanks again.

The main thing IMHO is to book a cabin you will be happy with. Upgrades and upsells are nice but I always book based on what I know I will like. I liked our mini suite. Had a great time and practically floated on air back to the cabin after the spa treatments I took.

I got off Carnival Paradise yesterday in an Outside Cabin and I had a great time, as I did in '09 in an aft AC. To me there is no bad cruise.

Archived