Infinity Elite Lounge...Michael's Club or Constellation Lounge

Texancruisers

We will be on the Infinity Ultimate Alaska May 10-20. I am curious where the Elite Lounge usually is. I know it depends on the number of Elites on each cruise, but we are certainly hoping it will be in at least a part of the Constellation Lounge. We would really miss the views if it is in Michael's Club.

You probably won't know until you get there. On our cruises, we have found that they use Michael's Club in the morning and other areas in the afternoon. Chances are good you will get your view.

Last October breakfast was served each day in Michaels Club and in the afternoon it was the Constellation Lounge. I believe we had approx. 200 elites on board. Very few attended breakfast; never more than 6 when I was there, but the afternoon cocktails seemed well attended.

Breakfast might be in Michael's Club or the Constellation or in a specialty restaurant. Cocktails might be in Michael's Club or the Constellation. There really is no way to know ahead of time. It depends not only on the number of Elites on board but also on whether or not there might be a large group who would have reserved one of the venues for a special even on one or more occasions.

Each space has its own good and bad points. Some like Michael's Club for the afternoon drinks party because of its intimacy and privacy. Some like the big lounge for its windows. But keep in mind that this is also the only indoor space that allows smoking, and that is bothersome for some people.

Michael's Club is not my favorite place for the breakfast because the tables are low, and it's too small to put an extra table for a toaster. On a recent cruise, the specialty restaurant was used for the breakfast and I thought it was a much better room than Michael's Club.

On the Alaska cruise, there may be enough Elites to warrant the bigger rooms. On the Baltic itineraries, there are seldom very many Elite members and the smaller rooms will be used.

Don't get me wrong, Michale's Club is a beautiful space and has it's appropriate uses, but on sail away I wouldn't consider it much of an elite perk to be stuck in there with NO windows!! :eek:

No Elite cocktail hour on embarkation day

Archived