Red Roof Inn - Miami Airport

Vyhanek

I spent several months on this board trying to plan our pre-cruise evening stay. We just arrived back from our fabulous cruise on the Sun and we stayed at the Miami Airport Red Roof Inn the evening before. We got into Miami at 10pm and needed a hotel only for that one evening.

First let me say that I worked priceline and hotwire and a couple of other bidding sites for two months trying to find a good rate and something that would have airport transportation. After bidding even as high as $90 on something unknown I decided to give up with that route and book something, anything because the cruise was coming up in only a couple days.

So, I found the Red Roof Inn for $80 on Expedia. This hotel also offers airport transportation free, and then trasportation to the port on Saturday for FREE. Also a simple continental breakfast is included for free (muffins, rolls, juice).

The hotel is rated a two star and appropriately so in my opinion. Again, I was flying in with my family of four including two young children and I didn't need anything special just somewhere reasonable and safe of course. The rooms looked exactly like the picture on the Red Roof Inn Website. Nothing fancy just your basic hotel room but it was clean and had some nicer touches like granite counter tops, nicer art prints in the room and bathroom and a nice desk area. It is located practically in the airports backyard yet I heard no airplane noise inside the room.

The swimming pool area is also pretty nice. Nothing fancy again but for a quick swim for my kids in the morning it was fine. Now outside there is lots of airport noise so even though the pool was pretty good it was loud. The pool is unheated but even in late February it was warming up pretty good so if you go anytime mid to late March or later the pool will be perfect temperature.

The reviews on this hotel out there are not all together fair I don't think. I think the reviewers are trying to make a comparison with a much pricier, classier hotel. Keep in mind this is a 2 star hotel and nothing more but for the price and including the air port transportation and port transfer and breakfast included it was a good deal to me.

If you are looking for a bell man and help with your luggage and room service then this isn't the place. If you want to garuntee a quick check in then this probably isn't your place either. At the check-in there was one guy working the desk and it took about 10 minutes to check in because we were behind 2 other couples. The shuttle bus lets everyone off at the door and then you wait one by one to get checked in. Other reviewers of this hotel seemed to have a big problem with this but I understood. For the extra amenities this place is a good value.

Enjoiy your cruise everyone!

Archived