Upgrade Pecking Order?

Classiccruiser777

yeap it's always everybody else on your cruise that get's the free upgrades. I have to pay for mine at full book rate. I like the idea of book the room you want at the price you can afford and hope for better things to come your way later. If they don't you got what you wanted.
We have booked a guaranteed balcony on Victoria from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton departing 29 March. We have been upgraded from A8 to A1 cabin 8055. We are well happy

Can't see any economic value for Cunard to upgrade someone in steerage to Queens grill...doesn't make sense:rolleyes:

I would agree that someone higher in the food chain should get an open QG room. However, it doesn't cost Cunard much. They already have the food on board. The staff gets paid regardless.

So, to entice repeat customers to maybe think about booking a higher class booking on future voyages, I would think it would make good business sense to fill the ship up from the top down, even if they have to upgrade to do so.

I have never quite figured out the logic. We are Diamond WC and had never been upgraded until our most recent cruise this year - New York to Los Angeles on QV. We were upgraded at the quayside checkin from Q5 to Q2 - very nice!

Archived