Just back from the Silver Shadow

seagirl2002

I am just back from another Silversea Cruise. And I have to say it has been as wonderful as before. In the beginning we've planned to stay for 23 days from Acapulco to Valparaiso. We love it so much we extended and at the end we stayed 45 days all the way to Sao Paulo.

Starting with an easy embarkation we began our vacation in Acapulco. And from this moment on we felt at home again. We both have something around 350 days with Silversea and we know we will never go with another cruise line. They spoiled us.

Service has been very good as usual. No matter if it was in the dining room or at one of the bars. Also the food was really good. And if we had any wish they went out of their way to fulfill it.

We know one thing for sure. We will be back soon.

Yesterday we received the silver box, my first. S.Shadow is not full, so we can get the feeling of a private yacht cruise !! There are 3 formal nights. On RSSC cruises I have always worn a tuxedo shirt with white trousers and a black d- breasted blazer. I would like to wear a white turtle neck shirt. Is this acceptable do you think ?

On RSSC cruises I have always worn a tuxedo shirt with white trousers and a black d- breasted blazer. I would like to wear a white turtle neck shirt. Is this acceptable do you think ?

You'll stand out among the penguins, but that's all. I was on one WHISPER sailing where an older couple were both wearing navy-blue blazers with white trousers on formal night. They looked like they'd just stepped off a yacht or a Vaudeville stage. :-)

Another poster complained about the carpets in the common areas and knicked cabinetry in the suites. Did you notice this?

We noticed stains on the carpets on Deck 6 but this has been due to a pipe that burst a couple of days before and they did not have the chance to replace the whole carpet. They can't do this until next wet or dry dock but they did the best to remove it. We did not see any knicked cabinetry in our suites.

Archived