Anchorage Groupon

wolfie11

For those going independent, the new Anchorage Groupon is starting to offer some summer tourism deals. Today's is $35 for two to do Mary Shield's (first woman to run the Iditarod) Tails of the Trails tour in Fairbanks. Mary used to live in my neighborhood and is an amazing person. The tour gets good reviews.

If you do restaurant.com call and make sure the restaurant is still accepting the coupons- several places around here are still listed and sold on that site but no longer honor them. The site will not refund money, they will transfer the coupon to another restaurant, but if there isn't one you like you are in a pickle.

It is just a site that you "sign up" for. They send you an email every day with the "deal" of the day. It's free. I'm signed up to get my local deal plus the one for Anchorage before my cruise.

The EMail is free, but you buy whatever the offer is at a discounted price, often 1/2 price. Not always a restaurant, but that is common.

The EMail is free, but you buy whatever the offer is at a discounted price, often 1/2 price. Not always a restaurant, but that is common.

Oops, I guess I didn't phrase that correctly!!! You are correct, only signing up and receiving the emails is free, not the offer of the day.

Oops' date=' I guess I didn't phrase that correctly!!! You are correct, only signing up and receiving the emails is free, not the offer of the day.[/quote']

I knew what you meant, but it didn't quite come out correctly...unless you want to subsidize all of us who buy them :D

Thanks. I'll look into it. After you buy the coupon, do you have a fair amount of time to use it or do you have to use it that day?

It depends on the vendor, but they are usually good for a few months. Humpy's had a half price coupon on there last week. I don't know about the pizza place offered today as I've never eaten there.

Archived