On the Riviera....

JimandStan

I would love to be, but my travel companion still is thinking about it. We had a couple of rainy days on our cruise this past year in the Western Med that started in late April, so Mr. Needs-the-Sun to be happy is a bit leery of cruising this area in mid-April.

Having been on Marina's M.V. and had the thrill of being one of the first to walk on, sleep in our bed, etc., I am not as pulled to this one but instead we have chosen another on Riviera, Rome to Venice. We have never been to Italy, always on our wish list, and excited about this trip. We shall see how the Riviera will be at four months old.

I will be sorry not to be with many good people we met on the M.V. and like others, look forward to meeting Jim and Stan someday.

Ofcourse we will be cheering for you all and reading all the wonderful posts you will send here on CC.

It didn't escape me that Alexandria and Cairo right are are, shall we say, iffy? I was hoping that a year's time will have a changed situation.

But I'm not counting on it! Just hoping that the rest of the itinerary stays as it is ...

Mura

Once again Australian's are being disadvantaged when trying to book an Oceania cruise.

Bookings open 9am US EST on March 16th.

Oceania Aust just today released the 2012 Europe Collection cruises with bookings opening on March 17th at 9am.

With the time difference of 9 hours behind what hope have we got of getting a cabin of our choice let alone any cabin on Riviera's Maiden Voyage on April 14th, 2012.

Some of us are regular Oceania passenger and feel we are being disadvantaged with bookings, no free fair or OBC.:mad:

Once again Australian's are being disadvantaged when trying to book an Oceania cruise.

Bookings open 9am US EST on March 16th.

Oceania Aust just today released the 2012 Europe Collection cruises with bookings opening on March 17th at 9am.

With the time difference of 9 hours behind what hope have we got of getting a cabin of our choice let alone any cabin on Riviera's Maiden Voyage on April 14th, 2012.

Some of us are regular Oceania passenger and feel we are being disadvantaged with bookings, no free fair or OBC.:mad:

Have you ever tried to book it online on the Oceania site when booking opens and then transfer the booking to your Australian TA? I'm in New Zealand and have the same problem and was considering this option. Does anyone know whether customers outside North America can do this?

Have you ever tried to book it online on the Oceania site when booking opens and then transfer the booking to your Australian TA? I'm in New Zealand and have the same problem and was considering this option. Does anyone know whether customers outside North America can do this?

Not recently but I did try that about 14 months ago and it just referred me back to select an agent screen.

My first Oceania cruise I booked through a great Internet agent in the US but they are not allowed to book non US/Canadian passengers (for Oceania cruises anyway). I have since tried numerous US agents with no luck. It really annoys me to see the prices US agents offer in comparison to our agents (sometimes up to $1500 US cheaper than Aust agents for Verandra staterooms.) To some this $$ difference may not make any difference but as I often cruise solo if DH is unable to get away from work etc it is a BIG BIG difference.

From Livorno I highly recommend a train to Lucca instead of trying to cram in Florence in so short a time. Lucca is a walled city with great charm and history and is very near to Livorno.

We're considering going to Lucca (Marina, October 11 cruise). What actually did you do on your day in Lucca? Is there enough to do occupy a day trip? Anything else around there to see using public transportation?

We're considering going to Lucca (Marina, October 11 cruise). What actually did you do on your day in Lucca? Is there enough to do occupy a day trip? Anything else around there to see using public transportation?

You can jump off the train at Pisa and then continue on to Lucca. Just be careful that it isn't a holiday or a Sunday since the schedules are different.

Not recently but I did try that about 14 months ago and it just referred me back to select an agent screen.

My first Oceania cruise I booked through a great Internet agent in the US but they are not allowed to book non US/Canadian passengers (for Oceania cruises anyway). I have since tried numerous US agents with no luck. It really annoys me to see the prices US agents offer in comparison to our agents (sometimes up to $1500 US cheaper than Aust agents for Verandra staterooms.) To some this $$ difference may not make any difference but as I often cruise solo if DH is unable to get away from work etc it is a BIG BIG difference.

I share your frustrations totally. I once spoke to O who said that it was their policy not to allow non North Americans to book in the USA - they said it was due to legal protection issues in the case of default of the TA.

As a result I am casting my eyes at Azamara as they allow bookings in the USA and have a 25% single supplement on certain sailings, which is a big saving for me. However a cruise on Marina or Riviera is very definitely on the bucket list!!

I'm really getting excited about this! Jim and Stan, Glen and Cenia, Kaye and Tarmo, Jan and Stu -- this really IS a reunion cruise. Betsy just wrote to Denise to see if she will be aboard.

However, we won't be on the B2B -- not financially feasible, and because a cruise with 22 days with only 2 sea days is beyond my health capacity. I know I could skip some ports, but which ones? They all sound great.

hi GUYS,

Count us in for the Riviera maidens. We had such a great time on the Marina maiden with you.

Did you pick a hotel in Barcelona yet?

Betty and Stan

Hi Betty & Stan, Glad to hear from you! We haven't yet chosen, but Duquesa was fine, so we may go there again, it certainly is easy to access. But we're not sure. Kay & Tarmo

You know, I am curious. I see all the promos for O is that they include the hotel for one night precruise on all European cruises in 2012. Do you think this is true for the Maiden voyage?

I think so. Riviera's MV is listed along with the rest of the season's itineraries unlike Marina that was separate so I'd expect the same conditons apply.

This new `hotel and fly in the day before` offering is great and really the way included air should be when travelling from such long distances. No need for a deviation request unless more time to explore the port city is wanted. Oceania is a class act with this addition.

Hmmm. I wonder if the hotel can offer special rates if you do take a deviation and arrive a few days before.

Are you considering Riviera`s MV as well, spindrift?

Boy this is tough. See so many from Marina's Maiden Voyage booking Riviera's MV. We would love to join you but still undecided. We had a number of cabin type issues that reflected on the shake down nature of a maiden voyage (like the lack of sleep for the 1st 6 nights). A longer trans atlantic type cruise perhaps but a little reluctant for a shorter Maiden Voyage. That said the great company from all you CC folks certainly made the trip so special as did the nice things O put on for us. Now if vacation money and our available vacation time were more plentiful it would be an easy decision.

Boy this is tough. See so many from Marina's Maiden Voyage booking Riviera's MV. We would love to join you but still undecided. We had a number of cabin type issues that reflected on the shake down nature of a maiden voyage (like the lack of sleep for the 1st 6 nights). A longer trans atlantic type cruise perhaps but a little reluctant for a shorter Maiden Voyage. That said the great company from all you CC folks certainly made the trip so special as did the nice things O put on for us. Now if vacation money and our available vacation time were more plentiful it would be an easy decision.

Appreciate tough, Mark. But, this is once in a lifetime (OK, twice, but once each on each new Oceania ship). Besides, we need someone to organize the pre-cruise dinner in Barcelona -- if word spreads about the great job you did last time, there will be 80 instead of 40.

Appreciate tough, Mark. But, this is once in a lifetime (OK, twice, but once each on each new Oceania ship). Besides, we need someone to organize the pre-cruise dinner in Barcelona -- if word spreads about the great job you did last time, there will be 80 instead of 40.

Will there be a Riff Raff Room at this dinner?

Or, should I say "room for the Riff Raff"? :D;):D

Mark and Alison, I understand your decision making process - "been there" as the saying goes. But know we'd all love to have you join us again! We so enjoyed getting to know you. Besides, you were the core of the trivia team!

And J&S, it will be a pleasure to have you join the crew as well.

Kay & Tarmo

Once we all have officially booked, I'll volunteer to keep the roll call list of names for our Meet and Greet, over on the roll call board of course.

Cenia

Fabulous Cenia, and Thank You in advance! :D

This time, please insist on getting cabin #'s from the get go.

Poor Patty spent months trying to play catch up with all that on the Inaugural Passage, and she never did get them all.

Of course, I'm 95% sure that Rickey88 (Dick & Vivian) will be sailing with us, so you'll have lots of help on this one.

Gee YoHoHo, you just HAVE to go. That dinner in Barcelona was the cat's meow, you might say. ;)

If we are fortunate enough to get our booking tomorrow, I will do the badges again (but maybe a more permanent-like style).

And JimandStan, I look forward to meeting you all. I've heard so many nice things. Now you have to live up to it.

Hi Betty & Stan, Glad to hear from you! We haven't yet chosen, but Duquesa was fine, so we may go there again, it certainly is easy to access. But we're not sure. Kay & Tarmo

Hi Guys: I 'm pretty sure we're on board for the Riveria. Would love to see you (and others) again. We too would probably stay at the Duquesa since we like the location.

Hi Guys: I 'm pretty sure we're on board for the Riveria. Would love to see you (and others) again. We too would probably stay at the Duquesa since we like the location.

Great! We'd love to have you with us for this cruise too. We so enjoyed getting to know you two. Hope you decide "yes!" Kay & Tarmo

Archived