Anyone LDS? re: Ruins

JennHales

I really don't think an operator would do such great business if he or she made their religious preference public knowledge. I wouldn't use someone who advertised as such. I'd feel like I were walking into a sermon.

And on the flip side, I'd feel rather rude asking a stranger their religious affiliation. No offense intended.

You could contact the local LDS church or group in each port and specifically ask for a Missionary or member to give you a tour, but I still see it as highly unlikely.

Good luck though! It's your vacation, make it what you want!

LES!

Hi, Jenn, You may not find any fellow LDS in Mahajual, you may however find a group in a town near there. On the main hiway to Chetumal and the ruins at Kohunlich, is a small town, with LDS church and followers. You may be able to have the driver drop you there on the way to the Kohunlich tour and pick you up on the way back, You could spend a few hours there that way. Or maybe it is possible to contact someone in that ward through your local church. I think the town is called Buenavista, you will be able to tell as during most of the daylight hours there are several fairhaired (LDS) young people selling baked items at the speed bumps as you enter the town. Good luck, Have fun.. Bill :)

Archived