Tropicante vs Maya Chan

Ocean lover 1

I have a 14 yr old daughter and I'm not sure which place where she might have more fun. She loves the beach but she doesn't like to sit there all day without doing some activity. Each place has great reviews.

Can anybody tell me what time the shuttle picks you up in the morning to go to Maya Chan? My daughter and I would like to do a little shopping for local crafts before going back to the ship. I don't know if it would be worth going out to Maya Chan and then leaving a little early to do shopping in majahual. Any opinions?

Just my opinion, but I think the attraction to Maya Chan is it's remoteness away from the hustle of the port and the malecon. That's what many cruisers look for and why AIs are popular. But even though there are a lot of activities at MC, it could get a bit boring for a 14 year old, especially if there are no other teens around to hang with. They will bring you back early to shop if you want, though.

The attraction of Tropicante, or Pez Quadro, or Noch Kay for that matter, is the location is right on the malecon. And you can come and go, walk up and down as you please. I think the crews for Steve(Tropicante) and Jaime(Noch Kay) will hold your loungers if you tell them you're just wandering out to shop and will be back. Plus for a 14 year old girl there's the greater probablity of boys around (:eek: though Momma may not be cool with that) or other teens near her age.

Archived