Water Taxi and Total Wine question

decoste45

Hi all,

We were looking at taking the water taxi when we are in Fort Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. We have a ds who is 3.5 years old and want to avoid hauling his car seat around Total Wine and Publix which we would have to do if we take a normal cab.

We are staying at the Bahia Mar and were wondering if it is a far walk if we were to get off the water taxi at the Convention Center and hoof it to pick up our wine and a few toiletries at Publix?

It doesn't look far on a map, but has anyone done this and if so how long of a walk is it?

Thanks so much.

:D

Google maps says it's a 12 minute walk - which normally isn't bad but with a small child and carrying some heavy bottles it could seem like forever.

Couldn't you just put his car seat in the shopping cart or leave it outside the stores?

Are you using the water taxi solely to go to Total Wine and Publix? It's awfully expensive just to do that I think. If you are flying in and taking a cab to the hotel, or taking a cab to the ship from the hotel, I would just get him to stop there on the way (or make it on the way). It's almost a mile by foot from the convention centre to the plaza where Total Wine is. There's a 7-11 about a quarter mile north of your hotel that might suit your needs, depending on what you are after.

Thank you! I have never used the Google maps walking, so that is very helpful Golden egg. :D

We were planning to take the water taxi for something to do on the Sunday afternoon as we fly in to Fort Lauderdale at 11:30pm on the Sat night. We figured our ds would enjoy the boat ride and were going to kill two birds with one stone by stopping at Total Wine for me and also at Publix to pick up a few non essential toiletries. I think we will try this and bring his stroller with us in case he gets tired and to also haul my loot.

Thanks again.

Karmen;)

Personally I wouldnt walk it with a child. There is the Sun Trolley that stops in front of Total Wine or the City Bus #40 that is just a short walk up to 17th st. Both stop in front of the Bahia Mar.

Thank you! I have never used the Google maps walking, so that is very helpful Golden egg. :D

We were planning to take the water taxi for something to do on the Sunday afternoon as we fly in to Fort Lauderdale at 11:30pm on the Sat night. We figured our ds would enjoy the boat ride and were going to kill two birds with one stone by stopping at Total Wine for me and also at Publix to pick up a few non essential toiletries. I think we will try this and bring his stroller with us in case he gets tired and to also haul my loot.

Thanks again.

Karmen;)

Don't even think about trying it without a stroller. It will be a hot, sticky walk and you'll need the stroller for your child and for the packages.

Those are eight long blocks and I'd plan on 30 minutes. It's probably 1/4 mile from 17th Street just back to the shopping center.

Archived