Has anyone ever changed ships after they were paid in full?

sherrintxs

I am a travel agent and made a change from the Holiday to the Inspiration the other year. We were paid in full and they gave me heck about it. I lost a big chunk of change doing it paying all those fees, but it was well worth it. As long as you are outside of your final payment, you should be fine, but the closer you are the higher the fees. I wrote after I got home and got a credit for the amount that I paid in fees. I am glad I did it and I would do it again. Good luck

We were within 7 days of sailing on the Legend last year when due to a school conflict and exams we had to change ships and go a month later on the Glory. I got on the phone with my TA and Carnival explained the situation and was able to change with just an admin fee of $35. That was really good of Carnival and their customer service. In reality they could have said too bad so sad. Needless to say I have been pleased with their customer sevice and my TA.

I just tried this today as I noticed the original cruise I wanted dropped to the same price that I paid on the one I have booked so I called TA and she called carnival and they said I could but the fee would be $50.00 per person plus any difference any cruise price.

The cruise Im booked for is Victory western on May 8, and the one I was trying for was Victory Eastern on May 1. Since there are 4 of us that would be 200.00 + 50.00 for the airlines so we decided to stay where we are.

I wish they would of just changed me but oh well I'll still be cruising! :)

Archived