Navigator of the Seas

10:30am and pax just now disembarking the Navigator of the Seas.

Long line at the terminal.

We're watching on Inletcam... any news?

http://southeastflorida.com/inletcam/

We got off the Nav this morning. She was late coming in (altho 6:15 am didn't seem so late lol). There were 5 ships in already, including Oasis. We were Orange, the first group to leave after the self assists. We left the dining room about 8:15. Took us 30 minutes to actually get off the ship, another 45 min to walk to the terminal (line kept starting & stopping) & another 15 min to get through Customs/Immigration. We suspected that there were just too many large ships in one morning for C/I to handle, even tho surely Everglades has done this before. Not the most organized disembarkation we've ever experienced. We did make our flight fortunately. I think the reason why the line was still long at 10:30 is that they were having trouble getting everyone off in good time judging from how long it took us. And then again, it may have taken forever to wake up all the college spring breakers who may have been "sick little puppies" this morning:D.

We got off the Crown Princess yesterday at 11:15 am. We were in no hurry and were the last group to disembark. Usually we would expect to get off at 9:45 am. There were 8 ships in Port Everglades yesterday and I estimate 22,000 to 24,000 pax going through customs. There just weren't enough custom agents for all of these people. Our pier only had two agents for 3000 pax, according to announcements made to explain the delays - almost two hours.

This is an unusual situation and occured because ships were returning from 5 and 14 day itineries, ie. Navigator and Celebrity Constellation and the Prinsendam repositioning from South America.

This is making me nervous as we sail in 2 weeks and our flight home leaves FLL @ 11:30am. We don't have any travel insurance on this flight' date=' so I hope everything goes smoothly.......[/quote']

We had an 11:30 flight also & were at the airport an hour before takeoff so we did make the flight in good time. We were a little nervous when we were in those long disembarkation lines yesterday but we did make it. Good thing that the airport is so close to the ship port. Just try to be in one of those early groups leaving!

Carol

Archived