Doctor's Cave Beach

maggie3

I would also like to know if there is a water trampoline. My 16 year old and her friend are fixated on going to a beach with one--so that would check this off her list for only $5 as opposed to an all-inclusive!:D

Hi....el_ziggo here from the other board....

Did you all decide to go to Doctors Cave for the day? We are debating a taxi or the hop on hop off. Have you been here before?

Thanks, Jill:p

MrSnarkyPants-do you happen to remember the prices at the Pork Pit and what other items were on the menu? We're not much on meat on the bone and all jerk chicken we had has been, but we do like good food, so may want to try this. Also, do they accept American dollars?

I asked my tour guide and he said lunch would be about $10 USD.

• 3 years later...
has anyone been lately? how much was the taxi ride?

I'm interested in finding out how much to expect to pay for a cab for two from the Carnival pier to Doctor's Cave, Margaretville, etc. Going in a few weeks...

Thanks!

I'm interested in finding out how much to expect to pay for a cab for two from the Carnival pier to Doctor's Cave, Margaretville, etc. Going in a few weeks...

Thanks!

We just returned (still driving home actually) from our cruise. I took a picture of the taxi rates. They are on my computer but I can post it here later today. It had prices listed for many other places as well.

We just returned (still driving home actually) from our cruise. I took a picture of the taxi rates. They are on my computer but I can post it here later today. It had prices listed for many other places as well.

I would love to know this as well. Thanks! :)

I am almost sure they are just for the transportation to the locations. I haven't actually used the taxi services but I'd be surprised if it included entrance fees.

There is anoth non-taxi option. The hop on hop off shuttle will take you to, Margaritaville, Doctor's Cave, a craft market, and... One more place that I can't remember. It costs $19 for adults and $8 for kids 3-11 years old. The pass is good for the whole day.

Such great info! For the shuttle, do you know if it goes in a loop? As in, can I go and come back from port using the same pass? Or is it only for moving one way?

It makes a continuous loop. Yoi could even get back on the ship and then go back out if you wanted. When we used it years ago we got a wrist band so they knew we were shuttle riders. I assume it would be the same now. :)