We may abandon carnival !!

planb

[quote name='martinchem']Ship Happens![/quote]

ship happens is right. how many of the splendor passengers ( subjected too alot more change of plans and delays ) are still loyal too carnival and will sail on her again. maybe we are lucky these cruisers wont be on our carnival ships with us. ;)

I would think that 40 something "professionals" would have handled this better. Hopefully you are not literary professionals because you failed. Sound a little pampered and a tad spoiled. No soup for you and next vaca is in the back yard in a pop up. Glad you finally made it home. Some folks had their house washed away while you were gone.

Yes we will cruise again, planning now for one with our parents, we will NOT be going Carnival as they seem to be getting into not just the Walmart stage but the a cheep convince store.[/quote]

Oh poor you. You are a forty-something professional? You sound like a seventh grader. Stick with Princess...the name suits you well!

[quote name='planb']Jen the cruise director is giving out this information with the most irritating voice you can imagine.[/quote]

Sorry you are being flamed (NOT!). Glad your not my table mate! I wonder if your co-workers think your voive is irritating, I would ask!:D

If you have read many of the posts that are complaints on CC over the years, you will find that most of them occur when something such as Mother Nature causes a severe change to the normal operation of the cruise line (any cruise line). They simply do not handle the unusual that well, they do great at food and lodging for your cruise. But if something happens to impact embarc or disembarc then all heck seems to break loose. They have to handle the changes to their staff's turnaround, the port's staff, the TSA, the outgoing passengers, the incoming passenger, and probably more stuff, that they just don't deal with except in the rare occasions and each event is handled differently.

So the best advice when stuff happens is to just chill and be patient while it all works out. Also hope your travel insurance will cover any unexpected expenses but getting upset that things could be handled and communicated better is a waste o time.

We have reviewed some of your threads some of you have posted from the past. You may want to look at some of the things that YOU commented about and what your concerns, complaints and good points were. This is a site for people to express what they know, have encountered, or need help getting answers to. Funny how people read too far into things.

Wow, just wow. I don't even know what to say to all that lol. In fact what I think you should do is go post your woe is me story on John Heald's Facebook page. Make sure you in mention the annoying CD's voice, that will help a lot. He's the head cruise director and I'm sure that he and his readership would just love to comment and help you, especially since you weren't actually out anything. :rolleyes:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/JohnHeald[/url]

The person you should be mad at is the one who was late. Carnival can't control him or the weather and tectonic plates. I'm sure that this is not a situation that arises too often for them and it was stressful, so they were just working with what they had. Ironically you could call it a "plan b" if you like *rimshot* I am so sorry that you had to wait and listen to an annoying voice for a couple of hours. I think in the future you should definitely stick to land based activities that are all completely under your control. Like maybe a trip to an indoor swimming pool on a slow day.

Oh and as for the people who had to pay to change their flight, I'm sure if they contact the airline and explain that it was because of the tsunami that they will be compensated.

[quote name='planb']We have reviewed some of your threads some of you have posted from the past. You may want to look at some of the things that YOU commented about and what your concerns, complaints and good points were. This is a site for people to express what they know, have encountered, or need help getting answers to. Funny how people read too far into things.[/quote]

Too funny!:)

[quote name='planb']We have reviewed some of your threads some of you have posted from the past. You may want to look at some of the things that YOU commented about and what your concerns, complaints and good points were. This is a site for people to express what they know, have encountered, or need help getting answers to. Funny how people read too far into things.[/QUOTE]

You call this funny? You created this post with the most assinine thread I have ever come across. Re-read your post, there is a reason why people are upset here. I for one am glad you are getting what you deserved here, no respect!

[quote name='capndinghy'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Can you imagine what this letter would have been like if the Spirit had docked, then the Tsunami hit? Oh wait..this spoil sport may not have been around to complain.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Now this is funny...and your right you know there would be more complaints and who knows what else....

Let me add that Carnival has plenty of people that will continue to cruise with them and if you feel that you will get it any better somewhere else then be my guest just remember alot of this is Protocol and will NOT put their passengers in Danger...and try being in Japan right now or Hawaii with the Tsunami give me a break...

[quote name='planb']We have reviewed some of your threads some of you have posted from the past. You may want to look at some of the things that YOU commented about and what your concerns, complaints and good points were. This is a site for people to express what they know, have encountered, or need help getting answers to. Funny how people read too far into things.[/quote]
I guess I missed the point of why you told us you were fourty something professionals, oh that's right , it's all about you. What are you talking about Walmart stage? Their business model, clientele, what exactly. Cheap conveinece store?? Explain please. It's not Tiffanys, does that shock you? Good riddance and God bless all those suffering in Japan

[quote name='babies12']You call this funny? You created this post with the most assinine thread I have ever come across. Re-read your post, there is a reason why people are upset here. I for one am glad you are getting what you deserved here, no respect![/quote]

Huh? I was commenting on the original posting...

[quote name='planb']Yes we will cruise again, planning now for one with our parents, we will NOT be going Carnival as they seem to be getting into not just the Walmart stage but the a cheep convince store.[/QUOTE]

I am confused because you talk about how how great the cruise is. Complain for 1 sentence about being able to buy 1.5ct emeralds on other ships, then really complain a lot about your experiences with disembarkation. Then end by saying that Carnival is now like a "cheep convince store" (apparently whatever industry you are professionals in doesn't require literacy).

If you are complaining about Carnival because it did not meet your expectations with respect to it's retail offerings not being upscale enough for you, that may be a valid discussion topic, but you seem to just be ranting here because you were inconvenienced by a disaster that has killed over 1000 people.

As far as Carnival being a "cheep convince store" as you know, each cruise line caters to a different crowd. If you are looking for more upscale retail establishments, stick with the cruise lines that offer those things. For the cruise that you are booking soon with your parents, look for one of the premium lines - or a larger ship that has more retail offerings.

You said you prefer Princess (my personal favorite). You know they do have nice shops and they even have their Scholarship at Sea Program with various classes - maybe you can find a class that covers basic composition so that your future posts will be easier to read.

Since my first post was deleted, I guess I'll re-post. :rolleyes:

You aren't getting any sympathy and deservedly so.

Your "problems" pale in comparison to what happened yesterday.

Your post reminds me of the woman in CA they interviewed yesterday who was too overcome with "emotion" to talk about her damaged boat.

[quote name='2wallace']Huh? I was commenting on the original posting...[/quote]

[I]babies12[/I] was not addressing you. She was addressing the OP who started this thread. It's just that her post (#62) immediately followed your post (which was post #61). That's where the confusion lies.

Archived