Paradise review 2/28/11-3/4/11

chadsjewel

Thursday-Sea Day

We had breakfast on Lido that morning. We had bacon, eggs, potatoes (Totally forgot to mention the omelette station! Very good!), cereal, fruit, juice, and coffee! We had absolutely nothing planned today so we went out to Serenity Deck again and posted up for a few hours. It was chillier today, as we were headed back to Long Beach. We hot tubbed and lay on the loungers until well after lunch. Hubby took a nap that day and we did our last minute shopping and picture taking. The ship was so much more crowded this day, because we werent in port and the drinks were aflowin! We did dinner on Lido again, I think the deli this time and did the packing up in the cabin so we could get off the ship as soon as possible. We chose to self assist so we didnt need to do anything that night as far as our luggage. Note: If you are a light sleeper, you need to figure something out for the last night. It will be NOISY Noisy NOISY in your hallways up until around midnightish. Dont try to go to bed early, as I did lol. People are crazy yelling from room to room about packing and when thats done, then they come to get the luggage.

Friday-Debarkation

Super easy. We got up at 6am wake up call and went in search of a triple mochachino from the Cafe on Promenade Deck. Went back to the room to pack up dirty clothes etc and look at our bill. Back to Lido for breakfast which was much the same as Thurs, minus the omelette. It was maybe 7ish by this time, we strolled around deck 11 one last time, took some pics, and went back to the room to wait. Our deck was scheduled to debark at 8am and we were called maybe 15 mins earlier! Stairs up to deck 7, since the elevators were PACKED! Off the ship in 5 mins or less, on the gangway for maybe 10, in customs line maybe another 5-10, hassled by customs dude (over 4 cigars in my purse lol that were declared) for maybe 10 mins then out the door and to our truck. We were on the freeway by maybe 845 and home in Gold Country by 345.

Will be back later with more pics and more details I forgot lol.

Thanks so much for the review.

I was supposed to be on this cruise. I was in line to check in but I got an urgent phone call that my Father had taken a bad turn health-wise. I decided to step out of the line and return home. Reading your review kind of almost makes me feel like I got to enjoy the cruise after all. :)

Great pics too btw. Thanks again.

Archived