Lose weight and gain a cruise

misty57

DH and I have developed the habit of eating out at least a few times a week. It usually entails a 45 mile drive to do so:eek:, so not only are we eating way too many calories, but also spending a lot of money. After returning home last week from our most recent cruise, I have been suffering from PCD and do not have another trip booked yet. I started thinking the other day that if we stopped eating out all the time and I started cooking more from my WW cookbooks with the new program points in mind a few things may happen. First we will save money ( hence gaining money for maybe another 2 cruises.. we'll see) eat less, and have more time at home to get things done that we just seem to let slide ( me really.. DH is always busy when he's not asleep !). We also hopefully will lose weight and have more energy. DH doesn't follow the WW plan persay, but when I eat better so does he. I just need to get motivated to start excercising again. OK. If I put my laptop in the excercise room maybe that will work, and I will not sit for hours on this thing! Has anyone else put a stop to eating out all the time, and did you notice a change in your weight and your finances? How did you stay motivated to avoid the quick stop at Steak N Shake? I think that I will try to double some meals in order to have a quick meal available, but I'm not sure the WW recipes are good for that. :)

I very RARELY eat out and I live within 100's of restaurants, some I could even walk to. I used to eat out alot, and one thing I can tell you is that once you get in the habit of not doing it, when you do eat out you will either enjoy it more, or it will repulse you (especially the fast food). No longer can I eat and enjoy Chinese food, anything "fast food" will make me vomit, shakes will make me sick, etc.

It takes planning, discipline, and willingness to plan, shop, and cook at home but to me the health and rewards of it are worth it. I dont want to be fat the rest of my life and not find clothes that fit. Restaurant food, even the ones they bill as "healthy" are too fat and calorie laden. Look at some of the dunkin donuts flatbreads, some of them sound healthy but look on the websites and see the sodium! The other thing about restaurant food is that so much of it is not cooked from scratch..I dont want chemicals and crap in my body.

The bottom line for me is if I care about my health and weight, I have to be willing to do what it takes to lose it whether I like it or not. Convenience is what gets people fat, period. I work like 60 hours a week but make exercise and the time to eat right a priority and let go of some other things. I have the right to complain and say I'm tired but the bottom line is if I dont make it a priorty then I am just plain lazy. Plus when I eat right and exercise I find I have more energy to get everything else done.

Last night a friend was in town for a cruise and we went out to Tropical Acres..lovely, old school steak house..it was the first time I'd eaten out in like 2 months..I couldn't eat a quarter of the meal because it just seemed too much, and what I did eat I enjoyed because it was a "finer dining" type of meal..not fast crap.

Those are my thoughts.

DH and I have developed the habit of eating out at least a few times a week. It usually entails a 45 mile drive to do so:eek:, so not only are we eating way too many calories, but also spending a lot of money. After returning home last week from our most recent cruise, I have been suffering from PCD and do not have another trip booked yet. I started thinking the other day that if we stopped eating out all the time and I started cooking more from my WW cookbooks with the new program points in mind a few things may happen. First we will save money ( hence gaining money for maybe another 2 cruises.. we'll see) eat less, and have more time at home to get things done that we just seem to let slide ( me really.. DH is always busy when he's not asleep !). We also hopefully will lose weight and have more energy. DH doesn't follow the WW plan persay, but when I eat better so does he. I just need to get motivated to start excercising again. OK. If I put my laptop in the excercise room maybe that will work, and I will not sit for hours on this thing! Has anyone else put a stop to eating out all the time, and did you notice a change in your weight and your finances? How did you stay motivated to avoid the quick stop at Steak N Shake? I think that I will try to double some meals in order to have a quick meal available, but I'm not sure the WW recipes are good for that. :)

Archived