Why The RCI Premium ?

I agree with those that state that supply and demand dictate cruise fares. It's obvious that there are those that are willing to pay for what we feel is a better product. If Carnival could charge more for their product then they would it. Simple fact, they can't. If you read the Carnival boards most of the time it's about price.

RCI blows Carnival away in the ship department. They're not even close when considering RCI's Radiance, Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class. Also IMHO they are not close when it comes to service and entertainment. Carnival has continued to build the same ship over and over for the last 15 years by making it just a little larger and packing more guests on an already crowded ship.

I'm glad that we have so many choices out there to choose from and even after trying those other options, I keep coming back to RCI.

I think that that is a common fallacy.

I rarely use some of those things, but I am glad that they are there, because they occupy OTHER people who otherwise would be glomming up where *I* want to be.

Even if you don't use them, having them onboard is a good thing for ALL the passengers.

Just another Point of View.

:)

Very true. I like that RCI has expanded the options on their ships for entertainment, activities and dining. Once again they are leading the way here with NCL a close second.

We choose Royal Caribbean and other lines over Carnival, simply because I have not been able to find a comfortable sized suite on Carnival. Of course, living near the West Coast, that is where I have looked.

Now that Royal Caribbean is no longer on the West Coast (on a regular basis) the only ships that fill our needs are HAL and Princess.

And......no, we don't care to spend $10,000 per night for a cabin!:D

Rick

And you won't on Carnival. Their so called suites are not that nice at all. The balconies are tiny for a suite. While I think that RCI needs to step it up on suite amennities, they blow Carnival out of the water across the board.

Archived