Music on Whisper

clkc86

Hi! On the final countdown to our cruise in just over 1 week! Wondering if there is music available in the suite? Does the tv system have any music offerings? We enjoy some music while relaxing, getting dressed etc. Thanks for any insight!! (I started to type incite, don't want to do that!! If I wanted to incite I would start a thread on dress code or smoking! )

I haven't been on the Whisper, but the Cloud had an iPod docking station in my stateroom. I would assume the Whisper does as well. I used mine to play my classical music selections every evening while preparing for the cocktail and dinner hour. I loved having my music wafting through the cabin. Very relaxing.

Hi clck86 -- we're in Puerto Rico now and will board the Whisper tomorrow, can't wait! We have had some nice sun and golf the last few days and are ready to be wined and dined :) Not sure if we'll have much time to post while on board but if you have any last minute questions ask away and we'll try to answer! Getting ready to celebrate my big 5-0 (gasp) on St. Patrick's Day -- woohoo!

All the best, Eileen (my screen name s actually the names of my children!)

I had been thinking of you! May your trip continue to be wonderful and have a great birthday. We are looking forward to following on your heels! Keep the ship in good shape for us!

Carolyn

Thanks for the good wishes -- the ship is wonderful and the food and service is great . . . unfortunately we have the suite from h**l and have not gotten much sleep due to the noise factor, working on trying to rectify that issue -- forward vista suites are not the way to go on the Whisper, I hope you have a better location. Will report more later, want to give SS a chance to effectively address the issue for us! We'll try to leave some wine and champagne for you but it may be difficult :)

Thanks for the good wishes -- the ship is wonderful and the food and service is great . . . unfortunately we have the suite from h**l and have not gotten much sleep due to the noise factor, working on trying to rectify that issue -- forward vista suites are not the way to go on the Whisper, I hope you have a better location. Will report more later, want to give SS a chance to effectively address the issue for us! We'll try to leave some wine and champagne for you but it may be difficult :)

Eileen, I am traveling on this ship in late April and it's my first time on Silversea. If you could elaborate on your cruise experience such as what are the fellow passengers like? Age? Nightly entertainment? Fun crowd? I hope you they have found a remedy for the cabin noise problem. Enjoy your milestone birthday (I've got mine coming up in 2 months :)

Thanks,

Christie

Hi all -- just returned last evening and will post a long review in a few days, but did want to note that SS addressed our issue and moved us to a much better location and we greatly appreciated their response as it basically saved the cruise for us! Midship Vista cabins should be fine but I would never book any of the four/six most forward Vistas on either side of the ship, the anchor noise goes on for 10 - 15 minutes and often takes place early in the a.m. and in addition, we were kept awake by creaking and vibrations throughout the night. All in all, it was a wonderful cruise, we loved the Whisper, loved the staff and will definitely sail SS (and especially the Whisper, which we found to be the perfect size ship for us) again. Stay tuned for more updates and CLC86 I hope you are having a great time!

So looking forward to cruise report! I am celebrating my big 50 birthday on the Whisper in August. We cruise the Baltic! I have been on the Cloud twice. Once in 2005 and again in 2006. I loved it! Would like to know if the only difference is the size of the ship? Fernando was the Cruise Director both trips.

Archived