Shore Excursion Tour Question!!

jle714

Hello,

I'm going Carnival Pride on May 1st. Should I book the shore excursions now or can I do it on the ship? Is there any advantages to booking it now? What are the chances of the tours being sold out? The reason why I hesitate to book now is because I don't know which one I'll be in the mood for by then and whether its cheaper now. Please give me advice!

Thank you,

:confused:

I am going on the Pride on 4/24 and I have already booked the Dolphin excursion in PV. I found the company that has the excursion on line and called them. You can not book it direct as they hold all the spots for the day for Carnival and from what they told me frankly the number of spots are limited. There is also an evening show in PV, Rythems of the Night that I have booked simply because it said it was limited and I have read great things about it, but I bet you could book it on board and be ok. Hoping we both have a great time. What are you doing in Cabo...my friend is not into horses and I read the snorkeling anywhere in the Rivera is not all that good so am wondering what type of shore tours they have. Lydia of Ohio

If you really want to participate in a certain excursion, book it now. I've waited till boarding the ship to find out an excursion is booked up. By then, it's usally too late. If you're just going with the flow and your having a good time doesn't equate to any certain excursion, wait and play it by ear.

Linda, my whole cruise is centered around my excursion in CABO. I'm (with my uncle) going fishing and booked thru http://www.cabomagic.com. Its a 6 hour trip for $400 all-inclusive (food, license, bait, etc.). They even gave me a name of a restaurant called CRAZY LOBSTER that will cook up our catch. Its going to be great I think. I hope you enjoy your cruise! I can't wait for mine!

Thanks for replying everyone!

What we have found is that booking on the net and not thru the ship is a more personal excursion but cheaper as well.

The independant guides know what time you have to be back and we sure were back in plenty of time.:)

Also you can book at the terminal. There are guides at every port we visited that are waiting to help you if you don't want to book on line.

The ships plus the ship sponsered excursion people all make a commission.

Just some input in our experiences.

Buck and Sharon Gilbert

We went on the carnival pride in Jan. When we went to our cabin we had a list of all things to do in all ports. We will still undecided on what to do (had kids with us) so we went to the meeting on what there is to do. After the meeting we booked everything. We did the snokel/fiesta in Cabo, Beach/Shopping in Mazatlan, and swimming with dolphins in PV. It was expensive to book everything on the cruise ship, however we were assured that we would be back in time to get on the ship. We left 3 people behind in PV. When in Caba go to a restaurant/bar on the beach called Billigian's Island. What fun! Water taxi is $4/person but can talk them down.

Archived