3 Steakhouse Questions

lovetocruise25

I will be on the Carnival Dream next week and i have a few Questions about the Steakhouse.

1 Can i wear jeans and a polo on non cruise elegant night. They wont stop me at the door and make me go change :)

2 I orderd a birthday cake for my wife the day we are going to the steakhouse who do i talk to about having deliverd there if possible

3. Is the Steakhouse worth the extra money i am a steak guy so i dont mind paying for a great steak. Is the steak really good ?

Thank you in advance people and cruise critic have gotten me thru 4 cruises :D

Steaks are excellent.

You sure you want a birthday cake in steakhouse? Tons of food and most people think desserts are great so perhaps you ought to save it for another night.

Might get away with jeans but polo probably a show stopper.

Maybe "dressy jeans" I would say thumbs down to a polo though. You don't really need a tie but a dress shirt would be better than a polo.

The steak was great and worth the extra money.

If you want the cake that night, talk to the person taking reservations when you board the ship. I would rather have the dessert that comes with the meal. The cake could be done in the MDR on a different night?? Just a thought ... enjoy :)

Steaks are well worth the extra money, i used to be one of those that didnt want to spend the extra money on food but after we went 1 time its now a must everytime... I would waste the bday cake for that night u wont even touch it i promise..

I will be on the Carnival Dream next week and i have a few Questions about the Steakhouse.

1 Can i wear jeans and a polo on non cruise elegant night. They wont stop me at the door and make me go change :)

2 I orderd a birthday cake for my wife the day we are going to the steakhouse who do i talk to about having deliverd there if possible

3. Is the Steakhouse worth the extra money i am a steak guy so i dont mind paying for a great steak. Is the steak really good ?

The steaks are amazing! My husband has worn a polo and khaki pants to dinner. I wouldn't have the cake delivered to the steak house, their desserts are to die for :D

I agree with the cake in the steak house. Save it for another time.

The desserts in the steak house are fabulous. (especially the choc trio)

When we dined in the steak house- honey wore khackis and a collered shirt

Do you have the option to order a second appetizer/entree/dessert? I have only done that a handful of times in the MDR, but I was curious if the steakhouse is the same as the MDR in this way. Thx!

I've read about pax being able to sub an app.

But an entree? That will cost another $30.

I'm pretty sure there will be no need for extra food. You'll leave stuffed as it is.

Do you have the option to order a second appetizer/entree/dessert? I have only done that a handful of times in the MDR, but I was curious if the steakhouse is the same as the MDR in this way. Thx!

The sizes of the meals in the steakhouse are huge compared to the MDR and you won't have room for seconds of anything. IMHO.

Sometimes they will allow a second app but no on the entre and dessert.

Can get as many/much side dishes as you like. Can never come close to finishing my entre.

the portions in the steakhouse are larger then what is offered in the dining room.

Some people have reported they were able to get two appetizers or substitute- but in the 6 steakhouses/supperclubs we dined at we were never able to do so.

(i really want the crab cake AND the onion soup)

I was able to get a second appetizer in place of the salad.

I vote to cancel the birthday cake - we all took dessert to go because we were so full. You will not have room for the cake.

the portions in the steakhouse are larger then what is offered in the dining room.

Some people have reported they were able to get two appetizers or substitute- but in the 6 steakhouses/supperclubs we dined at we were never able to do so.

(i really want the crab cake AND the onion soup)

I'd be on of those folks... On the 8 occasions I have done the supper clubs I have always had multiple appetizers.

I'd be on of those folks... On the 8 occasions I have done the supper clubs I have always had multiple appetizers.

I even offered to NOT get a salad. EVERY time I was told no.

I also eat early 6-6:30 what time did you eat here. Maybe I should go later-

My husband has worn a nice ironed collard polo shirt and khaki's many times for casual nights. To answer your question, you won't be turned away with a polo shirt and jeans.

Like others have said, you might want to have the birthday cake another day. The desserts in the steakhouse will be much much better.

We ate in the steakhouse on the Dream last week and the reservation card they left in my stateroom stated cruise elegant wear (even though it was cruise casual in the MDR). I did not see any jeans.

The cakes are good, but not as good as their desserts in the dining room and the portions are huge, some people brought back part of their cake to their rooms, we did not.

I agree, save the cake for another night in the MDR. You could preorder wine or champagne instead.

We have eaten in a few of the Carnival Steak Houses and I can honestly say that the meal is well worth the extra money. We live in Atlanta and have eaten in many top rated Steak Houses and the Carnival places are every bit as good as most of those places we have dined. I dress business casual every cruise - Polo and casual dress pants. This meal is easily a $100 per person meal. I have never had an issue getting two apps, but you cannot get two entrees. I always order the Crab Cake and French Onion soup or Lobster Bisque. Last cruise we at there twice.

Save the cake for a night when dining in MDR. I would maybe wear khakis and a button down or khakis and a polo. If you do want to wear jeans, maybe a dark denim with a collard, button down. Steakhouse is so worth the $30.00.

Must depend on the ship.

Elegant nights, no jeans have been allowed on the ships I've sailed on.

On Legend, they wanted elegant attire every night and stated so on the invitation.

Must depend on the ship.

Elegant nights, no jeans have been allowed on the ships I've sailed on.

On Legend, they wanted elegant attire every night and stated so on the invitation.

Yep you are correct....only on casual nights.

5336829965_2ff402d41f.jpg

Have the cake delivered to your cabin along with a bottle of wine. It will be a nice little surprise when you get in for the evening. We'll be dining in the steakhouse on DW's birthday and that's what I'll probably do.

Yes, it's so worth the surcharge to eat there.

Archived