Family Cruise - which ship?

Kristi1357

We are beginning to plan a family cruise for February 2012. We just sailed on the Epic and absolutely loved it! And our son never wanted to leave the kids club or waterslide/pool area.

Ages going on this next trip range from our 8 year old up to 61 years old.

We loved Epic and the Eastern Caribbean but would like some different ports, not the same exact itinerary. And it seems like alot of the itineraries for various ships include both St. Maarten & St. Thomas. As much as we loved our NCL experience, we are open to any line.

Any thoughts?

this may sound dumb, but how about the western itinerary for the Epic? We felt the same way - loved Epic - so when we booked again, we booked Western.

They switch every other week and western includes Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan, all of which have beautiful beaches among other things to do.

this may sound dumb, but how about the western itinerary for the Epic? We felt the same way - loved Epic - so when we booked again, we booked Western.

They switch every other week and western includes Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan, all of which have beautiful beaches among other things to do.

Not dumb at all! In fact, that's probably what I would have suggested to everyone. But the week we are going (school vacation week), the Epic is on the same exact Eastern itinerary again.

I was thinking that maybe the best way to figure this out might be by the ship itself. I've heard the Allure was a great ship for kids, and of course Disney. Just wondering what families here would recommend - we love having lots of activities & things to do.

You definitely can't go wrong with any of the Freedom or Oasis class RCI ships. They have plenty for all ages. Freedom sails the same eastern/western routes out of Port Canaveral and is less than Disney. I am sure others will chime in with additional options.

I personally love Carnival Dream - they have a fantastic kids club & all sorts of activities onboard that are great for children, families & adults. The ship truly has something for everyone. The ship goes to Eastern Caribbean ports as well as Western. I did the Western route last June and had a great time (Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan & Costa Maya). We are sailing her again but doing the Eastern route this time. :)

your kids will have an awesome time on the RCI genesis class ships - one word...merry-go-round! i think my dd7 and dd4 rode that everyday at least two to three times. not to mention the aqua theatre and the kid clubs - it wont make a difference what stops you take - they will have a great time!

We are beginning to plan a family cruise for February 2012. We just sailed on the Epic and absolutely loved it! And our son never wanted to leave the kids club or waterslide/pool area.

Ages going on this next trip range from our 8 year old up to 61 years old.

We loved Epic and the Eastern Caribbean but would like some different ports, not the same exact itinerary. And it seems like alot of the itineraries for various ships include both St. Maarten & St. Thomas. As much as we loved our NCL experience, we are open to any line.

Any thoughts?

We booked an Eastern Caribbean that includes both of those ports for our family on the Freedom OTS. We heard that it's one of the best family boats around. Tons to do on the ship (ice skating to mini-golf). Plus, it stops at RCI's private island, which was the highlight of the cruise for the kids the last time we went. The kids are more excited than I am about this trip because of all the activites on the boat.

There's a ton of great choices depending on what interests your group. Hard to go wrong, you know?

Archived