Kennedy Space Center???

AandBmom

We'll be in Florida from Apr. 7-14. The first 3 days we'll be in Orlando doing Disney type stuff. On the 10th we are going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. We're planning on dropping by Kennedy Space Center that morning if time allows. I haven't been there since I was a kid. I'm looking for some info so I can be make some well informed decisions and make a good plan.

Without doing one of their tours, can we see much of the museum and visitor's center in approx. 2 hours? Is it worth going if we don't purchase a tour? Is there anywhere to get discounts on admission? How far is the drive from Disney area to Kennedy? How far then from Kennedy to the cruise port?

Thanks.

There's lots to see and the admission is fairly steep - not sure I'd spend that much for just a couple of hours. If you leave Orlando early you can be at KSC in an hour, and then have 3-4+ hours there if you don't mind checking in for your cruise until between 1:00-2:00.

Read some of the Tripadvisor reviews or check out the Carnival Pride reviews -- they make a port call at PC and many spend the day at KSC - for more info. Good luck! :)

I would not try to squeeze the space center into the same day as you are embarking on your cruise. You wouldn't have time to actually see all the neat stuff. It would be like getting a SMALL sample of something . Save it for another time when you can spend at least four to five hrs.

Archived