Platinum members, who has been on the Dream

bsddsc

Are there any Platinum members who have cruised the Dream yet? What little bennies do we get on the Dream? I did notice when I checked in online that we do not have to pick a check in time.

Did you get a Palo's meal on the house, as we did on the Magic the last time? Any major changes between the other ships and the Dream?

And is Remy's really worth the extra bucks you pay over dinner at Palo's? We are going to Palos the first night, Remy's the second and Palo's brunch the last full day.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We are Platinum Castaway Club members and sailed the Dream 3/10.

Platinum now has its own check-in line at the terminal with the Concierge guests. It's in the back right hand corner where the coffee/snack bar used to be. No check-in time.

No charge for our Palo dinner. It was delicious as always. We didn't go to Remy as we would not pay $75pp at any restaurant. I'm sure it was elegant but just not our thing so can't help you there.

We were offered a choice of 4 or 5 items to be sent to our stateroom and we picked the bowl of fresh fruit. It never arrived but on our last day we did receive a bottle of Champagne which was excellent. I imagine it was to make up for not receiving the fruit.

We were also offered a special tour at Castaway Cay but declined as we wanted to get back to the ship to try the AquaDuck. On past cruises we took the Theater Tour as Platinum guests and that was wonderful.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your response. It sounds just like my last cruise. They had just started the Platinum service a couple weeks prior and it was an very pleasant and unexpected surprise. A tour of Castaway Cay does sound interesting.

BTW, we are going to Remy's on our second night. I have been reading lots or articles and looking at the photos. No one has been disappointed. But, there is a point where "food is food" and unless we have extra money to throw around, I am not sure we will go again. We'll see.

Palo's dinner is the first night, AND our favorite, Palo's Brunch the last day at sea.

What was the "gift" left in the stateroom this time? They seem to change it every year or so.

We've sailed with all three previous posters, did the St. Criox, eastern 2009, and the Dream just on 3/10. Dream seemed awfully crowded in the family pool area. Little or no sunning area around Quiet Cove pool somewhat dissapointing. The new ship was beautiful, but deck 12[pool deck], left me wondering what the imagineers were thinking. Metrowon

We've sailed with all three previous posters, did the St. Criox, eastern 2009, and the Dream just on 3/10. Dream seemed awfully crowded in the family pool area. Little or no sunning area around Quiet Cove pool somewhat dissapointing. The new ship was beautiful, but deck 12[pool deck], left me wondering what the imagineers were thinking. Metrowon

I think you posted this in the wrong thread. We were talking about Platinum stuff. Just wanted you to know so you could repost it where you meant to.

How much do you have to pay to be in Castaway Club ? When I was on Wonder last year , I saw the offer table but didn't have a chance to stop by.

Like most cruise line reward programs, there is no cost to join the Castaway Club. After you sail your first DCL, you are in. Silver is 2-5 cruises, Gold is 6-10 and Platinum is greater than 10. (I may be off by one somewhere, but I do know Platinum is greater than 10 since that's what we are.)

This 3 tier program started in October of 2009. Before that, there was just one big group for anyone who cruised Disney before. With all the years they have been sailing now, they needed a way to break it up into more manageable groups of people. I will say, before they did, the Castaway parties were getting just too big for one party room. And they went from champage and canapes to soda and cookies.

With the change, there are smaller groups (still large though) and we had a very nice selection of canapes with champage once again. Putchieo pretty much covered the Platinum features, which were the same when they first started the tiers. The separate checkin line is a very nice feature, especially if you are sailng the larger Dream.

All Castaway members get some kind of set of gifts that are in your cabin when you check in. I think the zippered large tote bags and some of the note pads/pens were my favorite. I things I can really use. Whereas the huge rice crispy treats with sugary frosting just made it to my trash can.

Take care,

Archived