balcony neighbors from ****

Jenn24101

But children - or anyone for that matter - can't throw trash in the ocean. I believe they were speaking in general terms saying that they were not afraid to get guest services involved when someone was clearly doing something they were not supposed to be doing. Such as SMOKING where they were not supposed to - using FOUL language - and LITTERING.

At least - that is what I got out of it when I read the entire post. :rolleyes:

Correct. On our first cruise on the Victory the kids in the neighboring cabin were dumoing their trash cans overboard.

I am well aware of where smoking is allowed and where it is not. I keep my mouth shut where it is, or I don't go there, but I don't hesitate when people light up where they shouldn't. I also stopped a passing officer in a buffet when a group of teenagers were dropping the F-bomb every sentence, loudly. I know the word, I use the word, I love the word, but I don't yell it loudly in public areas and I certainly don't want to hear a bunch of teenagers using it. On Princess, I called the Purser's Desk from the Adults pool bar because the pool attendant wouldn't make the woman with the fecal-teabag-toddler get out of the pool that had a sign ADULTS ONLY right on it. I follow rules most of the time, especially when they affect others, why can't they?

My neighbors on one of our cruises were traveling with his parents, who were in the cabin on the other side of them. They had the balcony divider open. One evening we heard their balcony door slam and then the parents balcony door slam. Then the parents door slam and their door slam..then the argument started....the wife yelled "I hate your mother and I hope she burns in H**LL." then the slamming started again with them following each other from cabin to cabin. We finally called security when things started hitting the wall. i think alcohol was involved....they were quiet the rest of the cruise.

Next time, YouTube!

How far back should they stay from the railing that they can't fit through? 1'? 5'? 10'?

10 feet sounds pretty safe for your can do no wrong precious darlings.What about those nice little chairs that I have seen a three year old climbing and hanging over the rail on the Dream, three decks over a very hard deck.Her dearest mommy was inside getting a new pack to light up.So when little darling does a header into the caribbean please dont sue Carnival.They will just raise the price of my ticket.

Did you ask your "bad" neighbors to quiet down a little? Or did you call guest services and ask them to speak with the loud neighbors?

This is what I would have done....

Sorry your balcony experience sucked!!!

For the smoking issue this is why we always book an end cabin. So if possible worst senerio...we only have one smoking neighbor and not two..

That is why I booked the FIRST cove balcony on the Magic...I figured the wind would blow it AWAY... woo hoo!!!

Btw, I don't think I would have approached anyone that talked to their own children like that......they would have probably gone postal.....

Jenn24101, I really like your positive attitude. Glad you had a good cruise, but sorry that you were'nt able to enjoy your balcony to the fullest. I have not yet had the pleasure or "displeasure" as it may be, of a balcony room, but I am hearing of a lot of similar experiences to yours with balcony staterooms. I doubt that I will be trying one anytime soon. I would hate to spend that extra money, and have to endure cigarette smoke, and just as horrible foul language. Thanks for sharing your experience.:)

TOO funny! I would have applauded! :D

I'd probably have returned fire, volley for volley! :D (Sorry, I can be rude like that...)

We had a balcony between two four-passenger rooms with balconies. Wouldn't ya know, they were both rented by the same group, and two adults, two children in each cabin. Not only did they run back-and-forth between cabins the first couple of days, they were constantly leaning over the rails yelling from balcony to balcony past ours. We mentioned it to guest services, and security reminded them about leaning out, but all that solved was dirty looks every time we were out. Finally, my wife handed one of them a disposable camera and loudly announced "Take a picture, it lasts longer!" When they realized that we weren't going to be cowed, they backed off and stayed on their own balconies.

Thank the Lord, they didn't smoke in either cabin.

Neighbors like that can be just as bad in inside cabins trust me. We had neighbors from he@$ on our last cruise. We even had our snoozing sign on the door and they were across the hall from us with their hall door open all the time and partying in the cabin right across from us. I opened the door once when I was "trying" to take a nap and gave an evil stare and the lady says "oh were we disturbing you" :rolleyes:

I'd probably have returned fire, volley for volley! :D (Sorry, I can be rude like that...)

We had a balcony between two four-passenger rooms with balconies. Wouldn't ya know, they were both rented by the same group, and two adults, two children in each cabin. Not only did they run back-and-forth between cabins the first couple of days, they were constantly leaning over the rails yelling from balcony to balcony past ours. We mentioned it to guest services, and security reminded them about leaning out, but all that solved was dirty looks every time we were out. Finally, my wife handed one of them a disposable camera and loudly announced "Take a picture, it lasts longer!" When they realized that we weren't going to be cowed, they backed off and stayed on their own balconies.

Thank the Lord, they didn't smoke in either cabin.

just curious ,did you see the "Bucket list " ;)

My only comment is that are you sure they were from a trailer? I beg to differ with your opinion as I live in a trailer and don't consider myself trash. Those people could have been from a brick house just as easily.

No offense to those who actually live in a trailer.....we live in a rural farming community and many many people do live in trailers here and there are wonderful people, as well as trashy people who don't live in trailers....but we all know who fit the description of "trailer trash" not meaning they necessarily actually live in a trailer....just that sort of attitude.

Archived