Anyone have info about E-Ephesus Tours?

• 3 weeks later...

We travelled to Kusadasi several years ago. Our trip to Ephesus was the best experience of our Med sailing. We used Meander Travel and thought their services and guide were excellent. We have not had contact with them recently, so I hope they are still in business, especially since we will dock again this October. Try contacting them.

Has anyone used the tour company known as E-Ephesus that can be found at www.**************?

I have received the best quote from E-Ephesus but have also received quotes from Hello Ephesus and Ekol Tours. I'm trying to decide which company but can't find many posts about E-Ephesus.

Hi,

In 2009, we have used Ekol Travel both for Istanbul and Ephese just for the 2 of us (my husband and I). Cost was just about 125-140$ for the whole day in both cases, in Istanbul our guide spoke French, which was a bonus for us. We paid cash at the end of the day. In Ephese the guide spoke English. Be sure not to miss the Terrace houses.

Below is the contact information.

Madame Nur F. Koray

Ekol Travel Ltd. Turkey & Greece

www.ekoltravel.com

nur@ekoltravel.com

ekol@ekoltravel.com

Phone : ++ 90 256 618 31 20 ( pbx )

Fax : ++ 90 256 618 31 23

Hélène

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We used e-ephesus in January and they were fantastic. Our guide was Rabia, a fountain of knowledge and she was excellent with our kids. We fitted in way more than any of the ship tours did, saw Ephesus itself, St John's Basilica, very interesting turkish rug factory (at our request), scrumptious local lunch, wonderful shop selling turkish delight.....can't praise Rabia and e-ephesus enough. Absolute highlight of the day (and probably my whole cruise) was the terrace houses in Ephesus - they cost extra to go into, but are mind blowing, you really feel as if you've stepped into life as it was almost 2000 years ago.

Hi,

We used e-ephesus in January and they were fantastic. Our guide was Rabia, a fountain of knowledge and she was excellent with our kids. We fitted in way more than any of the ship tours did, saw Ephesus itself, St John's Basilica, very interesting turkish rug factory (at our request), scrumptious local lunch, wonderful shop selling turkish delight.....can't praise Rabia and e-ephesus enough. Absolute highlight of the day (and probably my whole cruise) was the terrace houses in Ephesus - they cost extra to go into, but are mind blowing, you really feel as if you've stepped into life as it was almost 2000 years ago.

Thanks so much for your post Tmbhl.

I had set up a tour with another company for my wife and I and two other couples that had joined up with us on the Roll Call. The 2 couples cancelled just this week; one week before I leave for the trip.

The tour company's price skyrocketed when told that there would only be the 2 of us, so I was going to throw caution to the wind and book a tour with E-Ephesus, even though I hadn't heard anything from anyone on this thread. Their price is so much better than any other company's. Now, having read your post, I can book with a little more confidence.

I will post a review of my own experience with them when the tour is completed.

Here is another you might consider. We toured with Elcin Yilmaz thru aboutephesus.com on May 8th 2011. This tour was with our group of four only and included English speaking guide, driver, nice ac car, roundtrip to/from ship docked in Kusadai, all parking, all admissions including the Terrace Houses, visit to the home of the Virgin Mary, Temple of Artemis-The Ancient City of Ephesus, a traditional Turkish lunch in outside country setting, tour and fashion show of the Kircilar Leather Factory, tour of the 100% hand-made Ceramic Factory and tour of the Turkish Rug Factory with demonstrations of silk collecting from cocoons for $65 each. I only had to deposit $20 with PayPal and we paid the balance after the tour. This was an over-the-top experience thanks to our guide. We felt like celebrities!.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your post Tmbhl.

I had set up a tour with another company for my wife and I and two other couples that had joined up with us on the Roll Call. The 2 couples cancelled just this week; one week before I leave for the trip.

The tour company's price skyrocketed when told that there would only be the 2 of us, so I was going to throw caution to the wind and book a tour with E-Ephesus, even though I hadn't heard anything from anyone on this thread. Their price is so much better than any other company's. Now, having read your post, I can book with a little more confidence.

I will post a review of my own experience with them when the tour is completed.

I booked our tour with E-Ephesus after all and had a wonderful experience. You can read about it at this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1436547

My DW and I will be at the port of Kusadasi, Turkey on Aug. 12 and we have booked a wonderful full day tour with Ephesus Tours. This tour company has been recommended many times in the past on Cruise Critic and their tour price's are excellent for a goup of 6-8. See my post on the HAL Noordam Roll Call board.

We travelled to Kusadasi several years ago. Our trip to Ephesus was the best experience of our Med sailing. We used Meander Travel and thought their services and guide were excellent. We have not had contact with them recently, so I hope they are still in business, especially since we will dock again this October. Try contacting them.

We used Meander a few years ago and were very satisfied.

Archived