Connie Helicopter Pad

BroncosFan2010

We were on the Connie last July in the Baltic. Sailing into Stockholm we were among a large group (perhaps Elite + CC members) invited to the Heli-pad to enjoy champagne, music (Abba) and the fabulous views of the archipelago.

If I remember correctly, the invitation said to go to deck 5 forward and through the theater (upper level) - the door was open there and we went out, climbed steps and were on the heli-pad. I don't think the dorr's open all the time - only if crew members were there for an "event".

It was a fantastic time & now memory!!!!

Generally speaking you can not access that area. I've read of different occasions where guests were invited, or even had it open to all, for certain sightseeing events such as special sail-ins, panama canal transit, and glacier viewing - but these are not a given and will likely vary from cruise to cruise.

Hummm... that is kind of a bummer, as the RCCL ships have the heli-pad area open at all times, unless the wind is too strong. I think I will miss being able to head up there at night, or on a sea day and watch the flying fish... Guess I will enjoy the balcony even more.

Archived