Need advice on getting Reflections DVD post cruise

HRHMadonna

We're hoping someone may have had experience with a situation similar to ours and be able to advise us on how to go about securing a DVD from our cruise.

Cruise Info: Sapphitre Princess January 15, 2011 sailing - Mexican Riviera

The Situation: My friend ordered the Reflections DVD of our cruise. When she placed the order, the Photography Desk Clerk asked her if she had the coupon for the "free" DVD -- The DVD of scenic shots Princess gives you if you purchase the Reflections DVD of your cruise. My friend didn't have the coupon with her, but the clerk smiled and said "That's OK, I'll give you the free copy anyway." So far so good....

Now fast forward...We return home and my friend played her DVD's only to discover that she did NOT recieve the Reflections DVD she purchased. What she got instead was one DVD called "Spirit of Mexico" and another one labeled "Princess Reflections Sapphire Princess Mexico Scenic DVD". Of course she thought that second DVD would be the cruise highlights video taped during the week of our cruise, but unfortunately all it contained was generic scenic photography. :eek:

She referred the matter to our travel agent, who pursued the matter with Princess. The good news is Princess promised to issue a full refund...The bad news is they said there was no way to provide the DVD my friend wanted. :mad:

Does anyone know if it is possible to secure a DVD after a cruise? Who would you contact? Thanks for any suggestions!

And, even if you can't help us, please be forwarned about purchasing Princess DVD's onboard....Always check to be sure you are given the right DVD's!

Cheers!

Madonna

We're hoping someone may have had experience with a situation similar to ours and be able to advise us on how to go about securing a DVD from our cruise.

Cruise Info: Sapphitre Princess January 15, 2011 sailing - Mexican Riviera

The Situation: My friend ordered the Reflections DVD of our cruise. When she placed the order, the Photography Desk Clerk asked her if she had the coupon for the "free" DVD -- The DVD of scenic shots Princess gives you if you purchase the Reflections DVD of your cruise. My friend didn't have the coupon with her, but the clerk smiled and said "That's OK, I'll give you the free copy anyway." So far so good....

Now fast forward...We return home and my friend played her DVD's only to discover that she did NOT recieve the Reflections DVD she purchased. What she got instead was one DVD called "Spirit of Mexico" and another one labeled "Princess Reflections Sapphire Princess Mexico Scenic DVD". Of course she thought that second DVD would be the cruise highlights video taped during the week of our cruise, but unfortunately all it contained was generic scenic photography. :eek:

She referred the matter to our travel agent, who pursued the matter with Princess. The good news is Princess promised to issue a full refund...The bad news is they said there was no way to provide the DVD my friend wanted. :mad:

Does anyone know if it is possible to secure a DVD after a cruise? Who would you contact? Thanks for any suggestions!

And, even if you can't help us, please be forwarned about purchasing Princess DVD's onboard....Always check to be sure you are given the right DVD's!

Cheers!

Madonna

Since they do not retain copies of them after the cruise, the only way I know of is to attempt to find someone that was on that sailing that did purchase one, and see if they might get a copy made for you. Other than that, the refund is all that can be offered by Princess. Good Luck!

Unfortunately they can't be copied. I tried to burn some copies for the CC friends I met on one sailing and it could not be done.

Thanks Toto and I am cruzin for your prompt replies....I posted on our Roll Call also...but I guess we are out of luck...Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately they can't be copied. I tried to burn some copies for the CC friends I met on one sailing and it could not be done.

There's a program called DVD Fab7 that you can get from the internet that will copy all kinds of DVDs....just a thought. I believe you can get a trial offer....

I wrote Princess a couple of months ago (Jan. 2011) asking if I could purchase a Reflections DVD from a cruise I did with my mother and sister last September to Canada/New England (their 1st cruise) and here is the response copied from their email: "Thank you for your email. We are sorry due to customs regulations we are not able to sell anything post cruise."

Brian

Archived