If I put a past guest in each room does the fare count for everyone?

boomonster

Sorry if it's been asked before . We are looking to book a cruise and need 3 cabins. Three of us are past guests .We usually book early saver and check for discounts that way but sometimes a deal pops up and we just go with it (like past guest or pack and go) So if I put a past guest in each cabin and the price would drop (with early saver ) for past guest , does only the actual past guest get the new rate or can it apply to the roomate? Or if I book a past guest in each room under past guest rate does it apply to roomate also? Sorry if I didn't explain very well but hopefully someone has some insight. Thanks in advance

Sorry if it's been asked before . We are looking to book a cruise and need 3 cabins. Three of us are past guests .We usually book early saver and check for discounts that way but sometimes a deal pops up and we just go with it (like past guest or pack and go) So if I put a past guest in each cabin and the price would drop (with early saver ) for past guest , does only the actual past guest get the new rate or can it apply to the roomate? Or if I book a past guest in each room under past guest rate does it apply to roomate also? Sorry if I didn't explain very well but hopefully someone has some insight. Thanks in advance

Early Saver and Past Guest are two entirely different fare codes and are exclusive of each other... you either book Past Guest or Early Saver... they're not combinable...

:)

If you book a past guest rate then you would want to put each of the past guests in each room for everyone to get that price.

Early saver is a different price rate entirely.

I meant if I would book Early Saver and the price drops later for past guest could we all use it or just the actual past guest?

In that case the answer is yes...

From Carnival:

Lower rate must be for the same ship, sailing date, stateroom category, & number of

guests. The rate must be available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and

the Guest must qualify for the rate if special restrictions apply.

So, if you had a past guest in each cabin it would work...

:)

I meant if I would book Early Saver and the price drops later for past guest could we all use it or just the actual past guest?

Yes. You would put one past guest in each of the 3 cabins. Book early saver. If the past guest rate ever drops lower than the ES rate then you would get the lower rate. That way you would be covered because you would have to qualify in order to get the special rate.

Here is what I did for the Glory, we wanted a Balcony opposite an inside. Inside for Niece and Nephew (won't know if Mother will join) but wanted to cancel the inside if kids can't make it. Did early saver for balcony with me and nephew (males) and wife in the inside for past guest and niece (females). We'll get extra room keys if everyone goes and we don't cancel the inside. I believe we cancel the inside and pay $50 to change wife to the balcony when dropping nephew or something like that.

My sister-in-law just will pick her vacation late April (Before final payment) and will know and what cabins will be going. I did it this way as I believe this cruise sells out its over Independence Day weekend/week.

If you originally book Early Saver and then the past guest is cheaper than the early savers rate, yes you can get the lower rate for the whole cabin as long as 1 person in that cabin is a past guest.

Archived