motion sickness meds available in Canada?

Fenten

I was checking out our local Shoppers Drug Mart today for some kind of anit-motion sickness pills for my upcoming cruise. I asked the pharmacist if they had Bonine or Dramamine and was told they carry neither (discontinued?). The only choice was Gravol.

I want some kind of pill I can take as little as required (once a day) that is non-drowsy.

Anyone recommend something available in Canada?

Indeed, neither is (supposedly) carried in Canada. Are you close enough to a U.S. border crossing that you can pick some up? Alternatively, you will obviously be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale - can you swing by a pharmacy (trust me, they are everywhere!!) and get some, pre-cruise? It will be a lot cheaper there.

As a non-medicinal treatment, we have use the Sea-Bands wrist bands (or generic version) with great success. I even used them while I was pregnant to counter my morning sickness. They work great.

I was checking out our local Shoppers Drug Mart today for some kind of anit-motion sickness pills for my upcoming cruise. I asked the pharmacist if they had Bonine or Dramamine and was told they carry neither (discontinued?). The only choice was Gravol.

I want some kind of pill I can take as little as required (once a day) that is non-drowsy.

Anyone recommend something available in Canada?

Hi Fenten, our Pharmacist told me it was discontinued in Canada as well. I bought Bonine during a trip to Buffalo, but it wasn't necesssary as Guest Services handed it out (we saw this when we were in the line -up). I took one to compare the ingredients to Bonine, thinking it might be different, but it's the same ingredient and dosage. Each packet contained 2 tablets (take every 12 hours). We also saw a free dispenser of Bonine in the Medical Facility. This was on Oasis, so I can't say if it's on every single RCI ship.

I bought some homeopathic/naturopathic remedies as well as ginger capsules, but personally only needed the Bonine.

Good luck and smooth sailing!

Archived